9 Straight Years of 100% first-time pass rate on certification exam by graduates of Belmont’s Master’s program in Nursing

The winter graduating class of Belmont University’s master’s program for Family Nurse Practitioners (FNP) and post-MSN certificate program has achieved a 100 percent first time pass rate on the nursing certification examination for the 9th consecutive year.  Twenty-six graduates achieved the distinction this year.

The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) administers the the advanced practice nursing examination for family nurse practitioners. More than a quarter million nurses have been certified by ANCC since 1990, and over 80,000 advanced practice nurses are currently certified by ANCC. ANCC certification is accepted by governing boards throughout the United States as well as insurers and the military. The program validates nurses’ skills, knowledge and abilities and empowers nurses within their professional sphere while contributing to better patient outcomes.

McWhorter Giving Society Established to Support Health Sciences

Clayton McWhorter (left) and Dr. Richard Treadway (right) presented the first McWhorter Society Distinguished Service Award to Barbara Massey Rogers (center).

Belmont University’s Office of Advancement recently established the Clayton McWhorter Society, a giving society intended to further the work of Belmont’s health science programs. The new group, which held its inaugural membership lunch on May 2, is named in honor of long-time Belmont supporter Clayton McWhorter and will directly benefit the College of Health Sciences & Nursing, the College of Pharmacy and the new MBA for Healthcare Professionals.

Clayton McWhorter’s leadership and role in the development of healthcare industry giants HealthTrust, Inc. and HCA have made a strong impression in the field of healthcare. In 1996, Clayton, his son Stuart, and a close business friend created the venture capital firm Clayton Associates, which quickly evolved into a hub of strategic business development activities related to new firms in healthcare, technology and diversified services. Continue reading

Mission to Cambodia: Back again

Mission to Cambodia 2013
from Erin Pettepher

Coming back to Cambodia for a second time, I felt like I was ready. Ready to lead, ready to love, ready to share with others what I had already experienced. But I quickly realized that I, like everyone else on the trip, would never be able to prepare myself for the images we would see, the emotions we would feel, and the stories we would hear.

Here in Cambodia, we see the abnormal. Continue reading