« April 2005 | Main | June 2005 »

May 31, 2005

Yes, it costs money to send student athletes into the world...

Flash Viewer 7 Required
for player below:

Windows Media Small
QuickTime Small

Last summer, Debbie and I traveled with the Belmont University sports evangelism team to Brazil. I watched through the lens of a video camera as these athletes played, hugged, autographed just about anything...and shared their faith with the urban poor in the outlying slums of Rio de Janeiro. The video clip on this post shows some of the sights and sounds of that trip along with an appeal for encouragement and financial support for the 2005 summer team. If you know someone who might be interested in supporting this ministry, please send me an email with details... I have a limited number of CD-ROM's of this presentation (that is a much higher resolution) that I will be happy to send out.

All donations to this program are tax deductible and documented receipts are provided to all donors. Your ongoing support via prayers, encouraging words, and yes, your wallet, are much appreciated. A convenient and secure donation form is available here: Betty Wiseman Missions Fund - Online Donation Form

During the 2004 journey to Brazil, I was able to Vblog (Video blog) several clips on The Rio Journal, a blog created especially for team use. You may view some of those here, here, and here.

With a little luck and an available Ukrainian cyber cafe, I hope to be able to do the same thing this year.
Thank you for considering support for this life changing adventure.
Paul

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at 05:06 PM

May 24, 2005

It is Not about us...

Paul ChenowethEarlier this year, I spent a morning at an information sharing session for a mission team from Forest Hills Baptist Church who will be headed to Ukraine before us in early June. My list of details to address swelled from a short list of maybe 20 things to do, into three full pages of items that I needed to take care of before our departure...I was a bit overwhelmed, but more excited than concerned. For both of these teams there is a recurring theme: it's not about us ...and I need to remind myself of that every day, in spite of the to do list.

Every mission trip is different is such a cliche', but it is so true...even previous trips to Ukraine will be different from this year's trip. As we prepare ourselves individually and as a team, I pray that we will be open to Divine appointments...for I am confident that God has prepared that list and that it is far more important than any of the trivial details that will arise in the few remaining days.

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at 11:54 PM | Comments (1)

May 19, 2005

Encouraging news from Ukraine

Christian Today recently published "Ukraine President Transforming Country into a Nation of God". In light of recent history in Ukraine, this is encouraging news. As we pray for the leaders of our own country, let's also include the leaders of Ukraine who speak boldly of their faith and the positive directions of their leadership. Pastor Sunday Adelaja of Europe’s largest church in Kiev is quoted in the article:: "We know that the changes taking place here in Ukraine are born from above, and they are proving to be both encouraging and highly delightful! May you rejoice with us as we keep believing God for total transformation. Nothing is impossible for the Lord!"

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at 10:28 AM

May 06, 2005

Ready to GO!

Betty WisemanThe Ukraine Team had our last meeting, along with a cook-out, at my house yesterday evening before dismissing for exams, graduation, and some much needed R&R. Plans for this trip, June 9-20, actually began over a year ago. The team will convene at the airport on June 9 for departure at 1:29 p.m. Paperwork, passports, visas, tickets, and all the logistics are complete and the word now is GO!

Following last minute instructions the team enjoyed a devotional and prayer time. The prayer of Jabez in 1 Chronicles 4: 9-10 was claimed as our prayer for the trip.“…that God will bless us…that God will enlarge our territory…that God’s hand will be upon us, and that God will keep us from harm…”

I challenged the team to pray this prayer daily as they continue to seek God’s blessing and preparation for the ministry that is before us. Just as God granted Jabez’s request I am confident that He will answer our prayer.

We send our thanks to all of you who will pray with us and for us in the next month before we depart and during our stay in the Ukraine. This team is much larger than the 16 members who will actually go. All of you have supported us with encouragement, prayers, and financial gifts, and YOU are a valuable member of this team. Thank You!

Posted by Betty Wiseman at 06:53 PM