« It is Not about us... | Main | Our Ukraine Partnership - One week and counting »

May 31, 2005

Yes, it costs money to send student athletes into the world...

Flash Viewer 7 Required
for player below:

Windows Media Small
QuickTime Small

Last summer, Debbie and I traveled with the Belmont University sports evangelism team to Brazil. I watched through the lens of a video camera as these athletes played, hugged, autographed just about anything...and shared their faith with the urban poor in the outlying slums of Rio de Janeiro. The video clip on this post shows some of the sights and sounds of that trip along with an appeal for encouragement and financial support for the 2005 summer team. If you know someone who might be interested in supporting this ministry, please send me an email with details... I have a limited number of CD-ROM's of this presentation (that is a much higher resolution) that I will be happy to send out.

All donations to this program are tax deductible and documented receipts are provided to all donors. Your ongoing support via prayers, encouraging words, and yes, your wallet, are much appreciated. A convenient and secure donation form is available here: Betty Wiseman Missions Fund - Online Donation Form

During the 2004 journey to Brazil, I was able to Vblog (Video blog) several clips on The Rio Journal, a blog created especially for team use. You may view some of those here, here, and here.

With a little luck and an available Ukrainian cyber cafe, I hope to be able to do the same thing this year.
Thank you for considering support for this life changing adventure.
Paul

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at May 31, 2005 05:06 PM