« Encouraging news from Ukraine | Main | Yes, it costs money to send student athletes into the world... »

May 24, 2005

It is Not about us...

Paul ChenowethEarlier this year, I spent a morning at an information sharing session for a mission team from Forest Hills Baptist Church who will be headed to Ukraine before us in early June. My list of details to address swelled from a short list of maybe 20 things to do, into three full pages of items that I needed to take care of before our departure...I was a bit overwhelmed, but more excited than concerned. For both of these teams there is a recurring theme: it's not about us ...and I need to remind myself of that every day, in spite of the to do list.

Every mission trip is different is such a cliche', but it is so true...even previous trips to Ukraine will be different from this year's trip. As we prepare ourselves individually and as a team, I pray that we will be open to Divine appointments...for I am confident that God has prepared that list and that it is far more important than any of the trivial details that will arise in the few remaining days.

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at May 24, 2005 11:54 PM

Comments

Thanks for the wonderful website so we can keep up on the team's activities! We are keeping you all in prayer and know that you will be blessed by this experience, as well as be a blessing to those you meet. Safe travels and God be with you!
Don and Liz Rix

Posted by: Liz Rix at June 9, 2005 11:30 PM