Mission to Cambodia Faculty Update

Mission to Cambodia 2012
from Susan Taplin & Emily Morse

Greetings from Cambodia.  Emily and I want to extend a special thank you to all of the parents, families, boyfriends, etc who have entrusted your young women and one man into our care.  These young people are incredible.  Their hearts and minds are beautiful, growing, and giving to each other as well as Cambodia.  Every day we are impressed with the depth of thought and emotion that is evident in all.  We feel very blessed to be able to share in their lives.  The trip is going very well with very few hiccups along the way.  We have been having morning devotionals almost every day and I believe the presence of God is alive and well within this group…protecting, teaching and guiding with the holy spirit.  Two of the students have led the devotionals to date and we love to learn from them and see their perspectives of God.

Click picture to view full size

You all have made sacrifices for them to be here and we can assure you those sacrifices have not been in vain.  Much fruit will come from this trip. When they return, there will be a lot of emotions, struggles with re-entry, stories, pictures, stories, pictures, jetlag, stories, emotions, pictures and stories.   Did we mention, there would be a lot of stories and pictures? Please be there for them (as we are sure you will).  Friends…listen to them and look interested even if you have no idea what they are talking about.  They are going to be bursting with excitement. Again, thank you for sharing your precious children with us.  Every year I am amazed at how God uses these students to teach us about ourselves, life and the love of God.

And to Tyler’s parents, family and friends….he is holding up great under the circumstances.  Being the only male on the trip is a daunting task.  He is security, music director, brother, friend, sanity and last but not least…..trickster 😉  We are so blessed to have such a fine young man among a sea of amazing young women treating them with respect and watching out for them always.

Finally….we are having LOTS of fun.  We’re posting a couple of videos from earlier this week and they are  linked to the right.

Next week, we will all be back in your loving arms with hearts forever changed.

9 thoughts on “Mission to Cambodia Faculty Update

1. Dear Cambodia Team,
    Thank you for the wonderful blog posts and your great work. You represent us so well. We are praying for you and for safe travel home. Can’t wait to see your pictures and hear your stories. Dr. Buckner

2. I too want to thank the entire team for keeping us informed about all your escapades while in Cambodia. I particularly loved the latest video where Erin and Ms. Morse are describing their bambo train wreck and where Tyler is leading the group in song. We can’t wait to hear all the stories and see all the pictures. We miss you terribly and look forward to welcoming you all home!

May God continue to watch over you as you complete your hospital work and home visits. I know that each of you have blessed the people there in enumerable ways. May you be safe as you travel home!

Cathy Pettepher

3. I would like to ease minds and clarify that there was no actual wreck on the Bamboo Train tracks. There was, however, a considerable amount of congestion for a one lane track!! 🙂

4. Thank you so much for walking through the doors God has opened and making this trip possible! We are so excited to see you all again and hear all about this amazing journey!!
    Much Love and Continued Prayers –
    The Graehler Gang

5. I just want to say Thank You for leading & teaching my daughter. Just stay safe & we’ll see you soon.
    To God be the Glory.

6. Sacrifices, what are you talking about Susan?

From,
    wake, water the plants, take the bus, work, take the bus, take out the dog, fix dinner, clean up, sleep, wake, water the plants, take the bus, work, take the bus, take out the dog, fix dinner, clean up, sleep, wake, water the plants, take the bus, work, take the bus, take out the dog, fix dinner, clean up, sleep, wake, water the plants, take the bus, work, take the bus, take out the dog, fix dinner, clean up, sleep. . . . . hehe

• Dearest husband,
      The sacrifice you make every year for me to bring these students on this trip does not go unnoticed. I know your heart is here and this is where you would choose to be. I know you do so freely and when you read the blogs you can take great satisfaction that without you this would not be possible. The kids seem well, the dog looks healthy and my flowers and veggies look amazing. So get back to…. Wake, water, bus, work, bus, eat, take dog out, water, sleep…. Wish I had not left you with so much.miss your blog comments. Thanks for being able to joke about having to do all your work and mine.
      Love you, sue

7. Susan, Emily and Students
    Thank you so much for you inspirational actions and your words. They have been very uplifting. I start my morning reading the blogs and have kept you close in heart and prayers. May your journey continue with peace and blessings and you continue to know God’s love. Come back safe!

• Thanks so much for your comment. These blogs can be difficult for the students to write… Emotionally and physically (we keep them mighty busy). It is so encouraging to know they do not blog in vain. Looking forward bittersweetly to returning.

Comments are closed.