Mission to Cambodia Day 9

Mission to Cambodia 2012
from Audrey Robinson

Letting go of my plan has always been something that God is teaching me…slowly. One thing that I believe about Jesus that always blows my mind is that He is always working and teaching His children to be more like Him in and through EVERYTHING. Yet again, all the way across the world, I find myself being taught, with love and patience, to let go of myself and empty me of me.  How amazing is that? The God of the universe has chosen to teach me and loves to because He knows I need to let go of all in order to be completely overwhelmed by Him.  Cambodia, the people here, this team, being across the world—God has given each of us here an opportunity to let go and lay down it all and trust He is a great God and is working even when we cannot see.  Romans 12:1 says, “Therefore I urge you brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.”. My prayer for this trip and this group of amazing people is that we continue to offer our bodies where He has placed us now as sacrifices to Jesus.  Letting go of our plans and rising up through the power of the Holy Spirit and shining the light of Christ to this lost and seeking country.

4 thoughts on “Mission to Cambodia Day 9

1. Prayers going out to you Audrey and the Belmont group. Keep working on your ‘act of worship.’ I put to death my old self, some eleven years ago, but the old Chaz keeps trying to come back.
    There will be many opportunities over there to be sacrificial. You will be influencing many with your light that you may never realize.

Om Chaz

2. Hey Audrey,
    I definitely had a similar experience when in Cambodia last year. It’s amazing how God can teach you so much about how rewarding it can be to “offer your bodies as living sacrifices.” Cambodia is definitely a place this can be done, and so easily as you meet and see these beautiful, kind, and strong people in need of help. I think what’s even better is seeing how they bless you in return. I love the message Romans 12 gives, and glad that you’re also allowing the second verse to come too: “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
    Praying for you and the rest of the group as well as the Cambodian people.

Michael

3. Audrey – I agree – letting go of MY OWN PLAN is so hard. I am praying for your group as you enter your final week there.

Comments are closed.