You have entered the Twilight Zone Beyond this world strange things are known

2011 Mission Trip to Cambodia
from Candice Rose, Graduate Nurse, Class of 2011
We shall call this entry: the bus drive through the Twilight Zone!
Made it to Ratanakiri, finally. Ms. Taplin told us it was only going to be a 9 hour drive, well twelve hours later we climbed off of the bus, bones aching and sore butts!
We should go back to the beginning of the day first… We climb on the bus at the crack of dawn to venture on this grand trip across the rugged roads of Cambodia. When everyone had finally piled on the bus we set off. Taplin had been informed that the roads were in decent enough to travel, so there should have been no problem, right?! Wrong…
We found ourselves at the mercy of the bus driver for the entire trip. The seats in the back of the bus are bigger, so – having not sat back there before, I decided it would probably be best to sit back there since it was going to be such a long drive… BIG MISTAKE! The back of the bus was like riding on that amusement park ride that you first think is awesome but soon realize if you stay back there much longer you might puke! There were times when my butt came at least 6 inches (if not more) off of the seat! Guess that is what I get for trying to take over the “good” seats!

Continue reading