From third-year PT student Kelly Ehlert. . . .

I am currently finishing up my third rotation in inpatient rehab here in Searcy, Arkansas. When people find out I’m not from Arkansas and don’t have to be here, they always ask…so was it your choice to come here or were you made to? I always would state something about having to get certain rotations done and not having a place to do it in TN that I wouldn’t have to drive to the moon and back for each day. I would also throw in there the fact that there is great Trout fishing in the rivers and my husband encouraged me to come here to check it out (secretly he had spring break during this time and I knew he wanted to fish for free the whole week).
Anyways, long story short, I came to a place where I really only knew a few people which was also in the middle of nowhere! However, not only has this rotation given me the confidence in myself that all my hard work through the semesters has paid off and that I just might know enough, but it’s also given me time to grow in other ways.

If you know me, you know I’m an athlete and that I love the Ortho, OP world. So, coming into the rehab, wheelchair world was a little “scary”. I would literally lie in bed every morning before I’d get up and pray to God that I’d know what to do with each patient and for patience with the difficult ones. But, as He always does, I received more than patience. I’m staying with my cousin who’s married and has two little girls. I also have a couple other cousins as the university in town and an aunt and uncle too. I was super worried about how crazy it would be at the house and about living situations. But it’s been perfect and I’m honestly excited to come home and have Leah, the 2 year old, holler “Telly!!!” while Mary Ann, the 7 month old, would grin when I made faces at her.
I found a church to worship with on Sundays and was invited to their small groups where I met some Physician Assistant students who were going through the same things with clinicals and rotations. I have made new friends, I have grown closer to my family, and I have grown in my belief and faith that God does take care of us when we ask! I truly believe that our rotations give us what we seek or request of them, the same as with God. I can say that I’m still pulling towards working in the OP world, but I can also say that I’ve had more free food in the past 8 weeks being here with new friends and family that I could make it work anywhere!