« Will You Go Out Without Knowing? | Main | Anticipating the New Year »

Do Angels Need Our Help?

Clemintina MartinezWhy does someone travel far away from home to do mission's work when there is so much need close to home? It is a fair question and one that I have asked in even greater depth: Why this particular Honduran village and not one of the many regions of the world suffering the after effects of a natural/political/health disaster? Take a look at the picture on the left. For next week's journey, my answer to these questions comes from the heart and prayers of this special woman.

Clemintina Martinez lives and works in the village of Cane (pronounced KAH-nay). When she first began teaching, she recognized that her students struggled to concentrate and learned that most arrived at school each morning hungry. A daily breakfast program evolved into a breakfast and lunch program...often, the only food that her students would receive during the day. Fast forward through 30 years of school-day meals for 90 children. Clemintina prays for help to sustain the soup kitchen. It is a struggle. The KidSake Foundation and the work of Jenny Rogers is an answered prayer for Clemintina. Clemintina calls Jenny her "angel".

Back to answering my burning questions. I am completely humbled by someone who has labored and sacrificed for 30 years who calls someone else an angel. Clemintina has watched 3 generations benefit from her soup kitchen and has prayed for help to keep things going. I see God's hand in the example Clemintina set. She planted seeds and faithfully cultivated her efforts for 30 years. Wow! Now, there is an opportunity to see the fruits of her labor grow into a sustainable model for other Cane's of the region and we are blessed to be a small part of that. If we are any part of God's answer to Clemintina's prayer, then there is absolutely no other place in the world that we need to be next week. My confidence in that belief has grown each day as the departure day grows closer.

TEAM PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Lord, bless Clemintina and her ministry to feed body and soul for the children of Cane. Help us to be your eyes and your voice as we walk among the children of Honduras. We humbly ask that you guide us in everything we do next week that your Love will shine through us. Give us strength and vision to identify needs and ways those needs can be met. We promise that all we do will be for Your glory. Thank you for showing us how to love and how to share your Love.