Belmont University

Blessed

Cacy This has truly been one of the best experiences of my life. I feel so blessed that I got the opportunity to be part of this team and come to South Africa. It is amazing how close each and every one of us have become over the past two weeks. I have met some very special people on this trip. No matter if we were all jammed packed in the van, on the thirty hour plan ride, playing with the kids, or out to eat we always where laughing and having fun.

Each day here was awesome; however, if I had to pick my favorite it would be when we went to the community of Red Hill. This was probably the poorest place we went but the people were the happiest and most loving people. It really made me realize how fortunate we are and how much we taken for granted.

cay 1.jpg cacy 2.jpg

Throughout this whole trip it has been amazing to see how God has worked through all of us. This trip was the first time I actually got to share my personal testimony. It was amazing through support of BW and the other team members I got to speak and share with the kids about Jesus Christ. I really feel like I got to reach out and bring kids closer to god and at the same time became closer myself. Words truly can’t describe everything we have seen and experienced on this trip. To be able to experience this as a freshman has been amazing. I have learned so much and feel like I have grown as a person.

cacy 3.jpg cacy 4.jpg

South Africa is a beautiful country. The past few days we have had the opportunity to do some sightseeing. We went to the top of table mountain, Robben Island, and got to go to the market and spend all our rand! I am sad the trip is coming to an end. It has flown by. However, I can’t wait to go home and share my experiences with everyone!

|