Belmont University

Growth in Faith

RachaelIt’s our last day here in Cape Town, and I’m sitting on the back of our little bus trying to process this whole trip. It has been amazing and I hate to leave, but I know that we have done the job that God has sent us over to accomplish. My favorite day, I would have to say would be Sunday because we were able to worship with two churches the first being a Baptist church that was similar to the ones back at home. The second one at masiphumilele and it was awesome. Even though we did not understand what they were singing it just made me fill as if God had come into the church and made us all come together as one.

rachel 1.jpg rachel 2.jpg

When thinking about the rest of the trip all the kids that I have met; Keith, Keagon, Shaundy, Mandy, Sam, Peter, and Frans. These are just a few that stick out in my mind that I know I have made contact with and will think about when remembering this trip. Another thing that I will keep in my mind is keeping the same attitude that I have had over here this whole trip because it is an awesome feeling sharing the word of God and showing love for everyone that I meet. This is third step up in my Christian life; the first one was being saved, second in Brazil, and third here in South Africa. Can’t wait to see what my fourth one is going to be.

rachel 3.jpg rachel 4.jpg

In closing I want to thank some people who have made this trip happen and who have supported me throughout. I want to thank all my family and friends. My parents for their prayers and helping me get to where I am at Belmont. I want to thank Coach Lindsey and his family for their support and all the love they show me. Meme, Uncle Billy, and Billy Roo for all the prayers I know they helped and gave me energy on those days I was really tired. Last but not least to all of my teammates who have encouraged me to do better and given me support when I needed it, and to BW who without her none of this would be possible. She is the key to all the doors that have been opened to me with these past two mission trips. I just want everyone to know she is truly an amazing woman and I feel lucky to have met someone as spiritually blessed as she is. See you all when I get home!

|

Comments

Rachel,
I can't tell you how much you have blessed my life, as well as the rest of our family. You are really special to us. I know how the Lord has worked in your life. I am so proud of what you have become!! We look forward to having you back home. Love, Me Me

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)