Mission to Cambodia: Kbal Koh Clinic

By, Haley Sullivan, Nursing Team

A verse from our Cambodian medical mission 26 day devotional states: “But Lord, Gideon asked, “How can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.” The Lord answered, “I will be with you and we will strike down all the Midianites together.”

Today, we took on our third clinical day in a row in the village of Kbal Koh. For some, it seemed as through the long, busy days in the Cambodian heat started to take a toll. Thus, similar to how Gideon was speaking of saving Israel, some may have been feeling weaker than usual. However, as a group we knew from the beginning that we must trust in the Lord each day. Similar to how the Lord answered Gideon, he was definitely with us today as we saw 70 patients in a span of 6 hours. We were able to “strike down” any obstacles or fears throughout the day.

There were tons of kids running around today. They loved being held and giving high fives. There were also numerous elderly patients that were seen today. We moved in a fast pace, showing how we have grown as a team and have become more and more efficient with each clinic. We set up as usual with the patients getting their height and weight measured first, then vital signs and intake, the nurse practitioners stations, the pharmacy, and lastly, education and prayer. The patients seem to light up with prayer and are very thankful to have been helped.

After clinic ended today, we headed back to the program we partnered and held clinics with, called “the Bridge of Hope”. They thanked us for all that we had done to help areas of Poipet. They had a surprise for us, and wrapped decorative scarves around our neck, like medals. The pastor of the organization, Perlito, also said a prayer for us as we travel to Siem Riep, and thanked us again for what he called our “labor of love”. It was a very heartwarming experience. We made it safely to and ate dinner together, tired, but thankful for the day and our journey thus far. We are now heading to bed.
Goodnight Cambodia and Good morning America!