Mission Cambodia: Sunday in Poipet

By: Cayley Norton, Nursing Team

Wow, I can’t believe we’ve been in Cambodia for a week! So much has happened these last seven days from visiting markets, learning of Cambodian history, traveling and most importantly our clinics. Today is Sunday and a day of rest. We are very thankful for this day.

It was a blessing to be able to sleep in today. We got to experience church the Cambodian way! It is really neat to see how other cultures serve our awesome God. He created this magnificent world and it’s just so inspiring to celebrate it with all of his children. We went back to the Bridge of Hope for service. There was worship from a small band. We sang two songs that were Cambodian Christian songs. They had the lyrics on the screen in Khmer and English. The presence of God filled the room this morning. After, a sermon was given by a YWAM student, Albert. He discussed the importance of the armor of God. At the end of his sermon, Perlito lead us in a powerful prayer. Everyone all around was praying, worshiping, yelling out in the name of Jesus. I could not help but look around with a smile on my face and see how much they loved God. This goes to show you don’t need a “proper church” to have church and to feel the love of God.

After church we headed over to the pizza company. Everyone was excited for this special treat! It is great trying new cuisine but sometimes it is nice to have a taste of home. The pizza was pretty good! The rest of the day was full of relaxation. From 1pm until 6pm, everyone is either Wow, I can’t believe we’ve been in Cambodia for a week! So much has happened these last seven days from visiting markets, learning of Cambodian history, traveling and most importantly our clinics. Today is Sunday and a day of rest. We are very thankful for this day.

It was a blessing to be able to sleep in today. We got to experience church the Cambodian way! It is really neat to see how other cultures serve our awesome God. He created this magnificent world and it’s just so inspiring to celebrate it with all of his children. We went back to the Bridge of Hope for service. There was worship from a small band. We sang two songs that were Cambodian Christian songs. They had the lyrics on the screen in Khmer and English. The presence of God filled the room this morning. After, a sermon was given by a YWAM student, Albert. He discussed the importance of the armor of God. At the end of his sermon, Perlito lead us in a powerful prayer. Everyone all around was praying, worshiping, yelling out in the name of Jesus. I could not help but look around with a smile on my face and see how much they loved God. This goes to show you don’t need a “proper church” to have church and to feel the love of God.

After church we headed over to the pizza company. Everyone was excited for this special up on homework (because this is a school trip after all), watching Netflix, swimming in our luxurious pool or napping. During this time we also had a session with our each professors to review assignments and to prepare for tomorrow.

We finished the night with dinner at Destiny’s Cafe and went back to our rooms to rest some more before we our fourth clinic in Poipet.

Bye!