OH SUSAN!!!

2010 Mission Trip to Cambodia
from Victoria Kaelin
VictoriaToday was our first day in the Center for Hope Hospital. Phalla met us outside the hospital to take us on a tour of where we would be working for the next two weeks. The hospital is a lot different than I expected, a lot more advanced. All the nurses were so excited to see Mrs. Taplin, they were all saying OH SUSAN!!!.
They were very happy that we had come to help them and told us that the people of Cambodia would be very gracious for our presence. I was in the OR today, and it was awesome. I got to watch three surgeries and talk to several of the surgeons and nurses. I was amazed at how much that the surgeons and nurses could do for these people. I really did not know what to expect of their operating room, but it was very nice.

For lunch, we went to a traditional Cambodian restaurant with the Piep, the preachers wife. It was so good, my favorite meal so far. We saw her again to church tonight. The preacher was so happy to see us all. I really think that we were mentioned about ten times, and then they made Mrs. Taplin go talk in front of everyone (she didnt know that was going to happen). The service was great, luckily the main part was in English so we could understand. The message was given by Ceasar, who is a missionary from the USA. After the service, we got to meet some of the members of the church. Everyone here has been so nice and gracious to us. I really love the atmosphere of Cambodia and all of the people. I hope that we really can make a difference.

3 thoughts on “OH SUSAN!!!

1. We are praying that you can make a difference as well, Victoria. Thank you for sharing this post.

2. Thinking of you all and hoping everything is going smoothly. Graduation was lovely and with Lucyellen as the new Chaney recipient, it was more exciting than usual. Be safe and healthy.

3. Thinking and praying for all of yall!! I hope each and every one of you has an amazing time! Stay safe in all that crazy traffic!!!!

Comments are closed.