Belmont University Home

Sharon and Ray

ray-and-girls.jpgWell, it took us a while to get to our last school but the reception was well worth the wait. The kids were clapping and yelling as the team entered the school. Watching the faces of the Brasilian kids was a sight to behold. Their smiles and greetings were contagious. The Belmont team responded with hugs and smiles. What amazes me after many years on the mission field is that body language speaks so much louder than our words. The Belmont team has crossed language and culture barriers this week to change eternity.

group-5.jpgSometimes during the drills and games the screaming and yelling is deafening. But when the time comes for the team members and Betty to share from God’s word there is silence. There is power in the name of Jesus.
We have seen young people pray in groups and we have seen adults pray one on one. What a sight to behold as we have the honor of seeing people pass from eternity separated from God to an eternity with God. I watch their faces as they listen intently as Betty tells them that God has a plan and a purpose for their lives. I saw the impact that Keeton had when he shared his faith and told the kids that Jesus would be their best friend and help them say no to drugs and drink.

Thank you Belmont team, Brooke, Rachel, Whitney, Brittney, Brittany, Laura, Keeton, Andrew, Andy, Matthew, Will, and Stefan, thank you Tony and Betty, for investing in God’s kingdom and God’s work in Brasil. Only in eternity will we fully know the impact of lives changed and seeds planted. Hey team, when we get to heaven I cannot wait to see the look on your faces as Brasilians run to hug you and tell you that because you came to share God’s word with them they now you will spend eternity together.

God Bless you,
Sharon Fairchild

sharon-jennifer-and-david.jpg

|

Comments

Sharon (and Ray), Your energy on the field has always been amazing and it is contagious. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the Belmont team. We are proud of them all.

Wishing you the very best,
Paul:)

Thank you both for all you have helped the Belmont team accomplish . . . and we know it is God's worked accomplished. I'm thankful He has used you and the team as a vessel to make a positive impact on so many young lives. You've helped plant another seed in each of the team members that they may use this experience throughout their lives. Again, thank you, and may you continue to be blessed as you have so richly blessed others.
Jodie Everhart (Brittney's mom)

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)