Belmont University

Day One

AdamI really enjoyed today! We started this morning by walking to the market place for breakfast. I had a Gratta which is basically a huge donut.. I will probably get this for the rest of week because it was so delicious! After breakfast we walked to a historic castle that was built in the 16th century. At the top of the castle you could see everything! We saw Pompeii, Mt. Vesuvius, and the US Council (the place where Jason Bourne escaped from in the Bourne Identity) Looking down on the entire city was breath taking! Naples is the most densely populated city in Europe. What is more astonishing is that of all the people in the city only about 3 percent are active in their religions. Looking out over Naples; seeing how many people there are that do not have Christ in their life really puts this trip in perspective for me.

Later on in the the evening, we we went to the park. This was a stepping stone. We were able to interact with people naturally. I played basketball most of the time and I met quite a few people. I was able to talk to one guy, Jon-Coba (I'm not sure how to spell it, that's how you pronounce it at least). He is a 17 year old senior in high school who wants to attend college to be a doctor. We talked lightly about his faith. He said he is Catholic and he does attend church occasionally. I'm not sure what he meant by "occasionally" but it is my goal to find out more about Jon-Coba by the end of the week. Most of the same kids go to the parks so many of them told us that they will be at the park tomorrow evening. We will be back at this park tomorrow evening as well, so I will get the opportunity to talk with Jon-Coba and others again. I can't wait!!

- Adam

|

Comments

Adam, I am so proud of you! I will continue to follow your trip as you continue leading others to Christ!

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)