Belmont University

God's Purpose

CarlyHello Readers!

We woke up to a big thunderstorm here in Cape Town! Being able to see the lightning out over the coast was beautiful! It passed in perfect timing for us to visit our first group of kids at Ocean View. It was a morning of volleyball and basketball and we had a great turn out! J Gray, Casey and I helped with the volleyball courts and worked on passing, setting and hitting. The kids were so fun to be around! We spoke to them about how much Jesus loved them and how big He is in our lives; without Him we could do nothing. They prayed, thanking Jesus for their family, friends, teachers and the opportunity for them to come out and play.

carly 3.jpgcarly 2.jpg

After Ocean View we visited Red Hill which was probably the poorest place we will visit here in Cape Town. The living conditions there were almost unbelievable; tiny shacks and liter and debris everywhere. Although their lifestyle was not ideal, they were probably the happiest people I have ever been around. The joy that they got from the smallest things like playing “net ball” (their version of basketball) and street soccer was so humbling. You could feel God’s presence among those people and the love that they displayed for us was so moving.
carly 4.jpgstreet soccer.jpg

As a first timer on a mission trip like this, today really opened my eyes to what God’s purpose is for us. Showing that no matter what the difference in His people are, He is still the same, He will never leave us and His love is everlasting!

Red Hill ChurchUntil next time….
Carly

|

Comments

Well it sounds like you all are having an amazing time doing God's work. Carly, I am so happy to read this about you and how this trip is impacting your life. It is truly a life changing experience and I am so glad you are able to be a part of it. Tony and J Gray, I hope you all are doing well also. I can't wait to hear about all the amazing things God is doing right now through you all in South Africa. God has chosen you to be a light in the lives of these children. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!
In Christ,
Sam

Carly,

Thanks for posting about your experiences and for being available to be used in whatever way God chooses to use you.

Praying for all of you.

Carly...Sounds like God has you right where He wants you. Enjoy every minute of it.

You girls make me proud!

Blessings,

Lorrie

I've never been to africa but I know that God uses us all. I'm happy to hear and see that God is sending out blessings from near to far.

I am really enjoying keeping up with the trip by way of these messages. All of you are doing some great things for these kids. Remember it's the little things that you need to be faithful in and you are so doing them. Praying for all of you.

Becky

Great posts all around! Tell Tony he's doing a great job with the blog.

Carly, these are the experiences that will become life-long treasures. Savor each moment in God's service.

Carly I am Jenny's great aunt in Seattle, WA. You and all your classmates are doing things to be sooo proud of, and knowing how much the children there look up to all of you. Keep up the good work (and give my Jen a big hug and kiss from her "auntie").

love you car. like i said before, you're a part of something big...

can't wait to hear more...

:-) ester

Carly, it was so great waking up and reading this blog this morning. I'm so happy that you guys are doing such amazing work there in Cape Town. I remember some humbling experiences myself from our trip to Brazil last year. Isn't it amazing how people can have so little but love so much? God truly is everywhere you turn. You are all in my prayers. I hope the trip continues going well and that God blesses each and every one of you in your time there. Keep blogging and God bless!

Carly,
Thank you for posting this part of your journey over there! It's great to see how the Lord is encouraging and impacting your life and lives of all the others with you on this trip. Hold onto every minute of this experience and let it soak in!

Blessings,
Corey

hey my girl! it sounds like africa is absolutely amazing! im so glad you're getting to experience this car! i wish i was there with ya'll but i am praying for you everyday and know that God is providing you with so many things that you can come home and tell me all about! hope you tone and gang are doing great! tell everyone else i said hello! i miss you all and can't wait to hear all of the stories! love you and miss yoU!
xoxo,
em

Carly, we are so proud of you and will be so happy to see you home. It is so clear from reading all the blogs that God is working through all of you. Love, mom and dad

Carly, It sounds like your opportunity has been a great experience! Continue to let God and His love shine through you! We are so proud of you and are praying for you. May God continue to open your eyes to see the world the way He sees it.

Paul Weece

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)