« More from Monday | Main | Time well spent »

June 15, 2005

Wednesday & Thursday

LATE UPDATE, Images added:

Paul ChenowethWe are in late from an afternoon at a Zhitomir orphanage and will have no time in the morning for any posts before hopping a bus to Kiev...so, 'sorry, no images today, and probably no posts at all tomorrow.

The orphange was not completely unlike what I envisioned. This particular facility housed 300 older children ranging from an estmated 10 to 16 years of age. Our Belmolnt students bonded quickly with about 100 or so who came out to play soccer, basketball, volleyball, and something that resembled ping pong with a row of bricks for a net. The day was beautiful but warm, dusty on the grassless playing field, filled with the aroma of un-bathed children, and visited frequently by mosquitos capable of drawing blood for a bloodmobile. At the end of the day, Justin, Destri, and John gave their personal tesimonies and Betty closed with an explanation of how to accept Christ...and prayer that many repeated with the translator. Four or five decisions were made during one-on-one sessions with the children. We left food for the group and some soggy ground near the bus from the hugs and tears of new friends. Along the exit drive several ran ahead just to be able to wave good-bye...quite touching.

I wish that I had time this evening to share those pictures with you. I don't even have to look at the image files. Those faces are etched into my memory, and I am sure that each member of the team feels the same.

Thank you all for your continued prayer support!
...until Friday,
Paul:)

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at June 15, 2005 06:48 PM