« Sunday Afternoon...and three churches later | Main | Just a Monday walk (run, play, pray) in the park »

June 13, 2005

Sunday evening update

Sunday night worship at Central Baptist was amazing. The young people's choir and the sign language presentations to music were inspiring. Betty...was just Betty, always the ambassador for Christ and alway a joyous presenter.

There are no words to describe a congregation's reaction when Sacha translates Andrew's introduction: "My name is Andrew, and I play basketball".

Kimb, Brittany, and Jennifer began an 'a capella' rendition of Amazing Grace and were so well in pitch that the pianist joined in midway through the chorus. Andrew, Destri, and John gave their personal testimonies to a room full of people and spoke with great confidence of their faith. The Ukrainian pastor ('sorry, I've forgotten his name) made a point to the youth to follow the example of our athletes.

It was a good night, followed by a home-cooked meal by Kata (which will be reserved as a special chapter on this trip, I promise).

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at June 13, 2005 07:55 AM

Comments

Paul, Deb and Belmont team. We arrived home safely from Ukraine last night. Still recovering from the flight - but full of stories to tell...Can't wait to see you guys when you get back! I know you're having different but similar experiences. We continue to uplift you thru prayers...particulary for your health and strength to persevere. We luv you guys!!!

Posted by: Linda (Robertson) Crawford at June 13, 2005 04:11 PM