« Amsterdam - but hurried | Main | Saturday in Zhitomir - at least we think it is Saturday »

June 10, 2005

Safely landed in Kiev

Paul ChenowethThe Belmont and Team Ukraine groups landed safely in Kiev about an hour ago and experience no problems with customs (whew!)...now, the bus that is supposed to transport us to Zhitomir is another story. we will be resting in a transit lounge while tire repairs are done.

All are well, weary from sitting in airline seats, but demonstrating a spirit of patience.

...from the Kiev airport,
Paul:)

Dan_Jen_airport.jpgLate update: OK....so the hour long tire repair took a little longer than expected and the team spent some unplanned time "relaxing" in the transit longe at the front door of the airport. Did I mention that the repair took a LOT longer than expected? Anyway, Dan and Jenny, settled on the floor nearby to guard all of our luggage. As you can see from the picture, they did a great job!

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at June 10, 2005 02:13 PM

Comments

Praying.

Posted by: Deane Webb at June 10, 2005 03:17 PM

Very glad to hear that everyone has arrived, safely...although weary (as expected), in Kiev but very sorry to hear that the bus had tire difficulty. Suppose it was better, if it had to happen at all, that everyone was able to wait for the repairs to be completed within the transit lounge...and not by the side of the road along the way somewhere...and things like that are what make a "trip" into an "adventure"! Our thoughts, best wishes, and prayers for a safe and successful journey are with you all. Kimb...we love you very much.

Posted by: Anita and Mark Ulloa at June 10, 2005 06:28 PM

Good to hear..... glad everything is well. good luck on the Bus situation.. rr

Posted by: Randall at June 10, 2005 10:18 PM

Hello Betty Wiseman! I am praying for you and all of your team as you do God's work! I just watched Maria's Story from your trip last year. How very touching!

Travel safely,
Sherri Booker

Posted by: Sherri Booker at June 10, 2005 11:08 PM

glad you made it safe!! we love you, and we are safe in memphis.

love,
kacy and chris

Posted by: kacy and chris at June 11, 2005 05:14 AM

Kacy,
Thanks for the note and the phone call today! So far, we have not been able to call out of the country but can receive calls without a problem. Thanks for checking into this from the Cingular side... The KievStar office is next to the hotel. Vladimir (interpreter) and I will be visiting them on Monday.

...and make sure Matt isn't choking on drywall dust, would ya?,
love, Dad

Posted by: Paul at June 11, 2005 08:17 PM