« Safely landed in Kiev | Main | Sunday Morning Update »

June 11, 2005

Saturday in Zhitomir - at least we think it is Saturday

Paul ChenowethWe did make it to our hotel late Friday night, all luggage and people accounted for. There are already hotel stories to tell, those will have to wait. We are minus one volunteer...the pigeon who though that he/she? would join Deb and I in our room. *grin*

Central_Baptist_arrival.jpg
The day was spent with members of Central Baptist Church in Zhitomir. This is the sponsoring church for this trip and they have been wonderful hosts. The team played a little bit of every sport with the youth from the church, including an introduction to flag football. Soccer was interesting with a small herd of visiting diary cows (I think we invaded their pasture, who knows).

We will have more later. The Internet access for the group is close to the hotel and is inexpensive. Several of the team members are typing frantically right now...moms and dads, check your email!

Thanks again for all your comments,
Paul:)

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at June 11, 2005 07:10 PM

Comments

Just like Dan to have his head in Jenny's lap. Sound as if everyone is having a good time in spite of the minor set backs. I know all of you are working hard. Just know that we are proud of you and excited about the work you are doing.
Please keep up the postings. May God Bless all of you.

Clyde

Posted by: Clyde Russell at June 11, 2005 10:06 PM

We're thinking of you all and so grateful for the website and email. Thanks, Paul, for your work on this! The bus looks interesting--glad the tire got fixed.

You are in our thoughts and prayers.
love, linda & don

Posted by: linda & don at June 12, 2005 02:27 AM

This is a great webpage to be able to keep up with the teams activities. We got our first email from our son, Josh, today. The trip has already had a positive impact on him. Thanks for allowing him the opportunity to minister this way. We're praying for y'all and look forward to new info each day! God bless

Posted by: Doug and Judi Hendricks at June 12, 2005 04:00 AM

We look forward to seeing the postings each day and to the e-mail we received from our daughter, Jennifer. You all have been very busy and what an impact you must be having on everyone you meet - as I'm sure they're having on you. Keep up the good work and know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you're taking lots of pictures!
Blessings,
Don and Liz Rix

Posted by: Liz Rix at June 12, 2005 05:41 PM

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ:
Like Paul, I say that wecount it a blessing to know of your work on behalf of our Lord and His Gospel! (I am Jenn Rix's pastor.)

Please know that God is blessing you so that you can be God's blessing to those in the Ukraine who are so in need of the HOPE and LOVE of the Gospel!
We are praying for you! Pastor Bert Kite

Posted by: Pastor Bert Kite at June 14, 2005 05:16 PM