Belmont University Home

Rachel

rachel-sharing.jpgAs I returned home on Friday, I tried to think about what the best things about this trip were and what I learned from this trip. I was so tired and not wanting to leave Brazil that I couldn't even come close to answering any of these questions. It’s two days later and I still can’t, however I’ve found some things that I can tell you. I can tell you that on this trip I had a lot of firsts. It was my first time in Brazil, my first mission trip (definitely not my last), my first time giving my testimony, but the best of all it was my first time leading someone to know Jesus Christ. That was the best feeling I've ever had it was the most exhilarating feeling I've ever had. It was better than the exhilaration of riding a roller coaster for the first time, or bungee jumping, it's probably the most exhilarating feeling that God has created on earth.

I remember when I was little and in church and we had revival the evangelist would talk about spreading the word of God to others, how it was the best feeling in the world. I didn't understand that then but now I do, and I encourage everyone to try it once because you'll want to keep doing for the rest of your lives. This is probably how Ray and Sharon the missionaries we worked with got started.

rachel-kids.jpgSo the thing I would like to remember about this trip and let everyone else know is that going on a mission trip makes you sometimes feel exhausted but when you see the looks on the faces of the children or whomever takes God into their heart all the exhaustion goes away and you are left with this tingling feeling in your stomach like the best thing you can think of just happened. Lets just say it’s something I don’t want anyone to miss out in his or her lifetime and lastly, thanks again to everyone again for making this trip happen!

Rachel

|