Belmont University Home

Laura's Personal Thoughts

Laura.jpg

After the Venezuela trip in 2006, I couldn't grasp all the wonderful things that I had experienced. It was life changing for me and for the people we came in contact with in Venezuela. So when BW asked me to go to Brazil right before Christmas, I was very honored to once again continue this spiritual journey that God has in store for not only me, but all of us. As I graduate from Belmont 2 days before we depart for Brazil, I couldn't think of a better way to wrap up my 18 years of playing basketball. In fact, I know that God gave us the talent to play basketball for experiences just as this. I'm very confident that our team this year will make a huge impact. God continues to amaze me every day and I know he's going to walk with us every step of the way in Brazil.

Laura

|

Comments

I can still hear and see you standing before the 1000+ student crowd at Simon Bolivar High School in Venezuela giving your personal testimony...and noticing that so many students quieted down to hear every word you spoke. God has given you talent, courage, and boldness that will bless the people you meet in Brazil.

Congratulations on your graduation and Godspeed on your journey!

I knew God was gonna use those little skinny legs for something one day :)

Remember, it's not about you, it's all about Him! Stay focused. The harvest is plenty...go get 'em!!

Yo proud Mom

Before I go off to work, I trust that you have arrived safely. I was reminded about the story of young David as I was getting ready this morning, as he was faced against the giant, Goliath. Who was this ole Philistine anyway, to tell him his God could be defeated? May you have the courage of David when you feel that you need strength to endure the task that God has set before you. You will be in my prayers all day today!

Mom

I'm thankful you all have arrived safely. May the love of God swell your heart and soul and ooze through your pores to the point that you exude a joy and strength that gives you a peace and energy that becomes infectious and contagious to those all around you. I'm looking forward to all your stories and maybe another great recipe from Rio. Love you, Aunt Sandra

Laura,Im so proud to be a friend of yours and excited for you during this trip- you will undoubtably be used as a leader. I hope that the joy and passion in your heart is seen by each kid you meet, and I'll be praying for you!
Love, Britt

As you start this new Mission today, I'm sure you are full of jitters. Just remember that your weakness gives God the opportunity to show out! Just ask.
Love-Mom

Laura,
We are glad you arrived safely and ready to meet the challenges and opportunities God has in store for you on this mission. Keep your eyes upon Him and He will guide your words and actions. We want to see you when you get home. Maybe we can all go out to eat.
love, Aunt Mary Ann and Uncle Tom (2 Corinthians 9:8)

I hope you are able to take away as much from this trip as you will give to others. In any given action, you could be forever etched in someone's memory as being "that person" who helped them realize something was missing in their life. Best wishes to you and the rest of the team :)

Laura, I had to have a little help to navigate the computer from Uncle Brian, but I think I have this communication thing down now. Congratulations on your college graduation! What an accomplishment, and we are so proud of you. We all hope you enjoy your trip, but more than that we hope you have an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life who needs to know Christ. May God bless you and your classmates as you do his work! MaCowley sends her love, and will try to type you a note tomorrow because she is on her way to bed now.
Love, Aunt Susie, Uncle Brian, Tyler, and Adam

Hey Laura!
Mike and I are so proud of you. Not only with graduating from Belmont, but not being afraid or ashamed to do the work of our wonderful Lord and Savior. Do your best and all things will work together for the glory of our Lord.

Laura, today is going to be a great opportunity for you to be Jesus's hands and feet. Let others see Jesus in you . Remember: "Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. " Phil. 4:5.
Dad

Well, I wrote you yesterday and it didn't show up. I promise I didn't forget about you! I hope that you have a great trip! With any given moment you are creating a memory for a child there. Not to mention yourself. Make a good one!

Laura,
God uses those that make themselves available for use. We are proud of your availability, talents, and sweet spirit. The lives touched and hearts transformed will only be re-counted in eternity. Until then, walk by faith and work as if this were your last opporunity! Let God do the rest!

Before you were born God had predestinated this trip to Brazil. I honestly believe in Gods plan and purpose. He designed a young lady with a love for others and a passion for basketball. You have gone through several trials during your basketball career. We both know what they were :( That is why it is so important to encourage one another. You never know what God has in mind for you or someone else. If only one soul is reached for Christ through your witness on this mission trip, then all the hardships will be worth your sacrifice. One day you will stand before God and He will say..."Well done my good and faithful servant, thanks for hanging in there for me."

Love-Mom

Hi Laura, I have been sitting here reflecting after reading about your days and everything y'all are doing. I was struck by how much this experience is like that of the apostles...except they've invented better shoes and basketball since then. Also, who would have ever dreamed (besides God) that the song you learned in Sunday School would take on a life of its own. "JESUS LOVES ME, THIS I KNOW..." and that you get to share this with HIS children! Wow! I am humbled and overwhelmed. Continue to let HIM work in you and through you to HIS glory! I pray for your safety, health, personal growth and harvest. Oh, by the way, from BW's notes, you can forget a recipe for the gumbo. God bless you! Aunt Sandra.

Dear Laura, I know you are glad to get out of school. We are happy for all the accomplishments you have made. I hope you have a good summer there. It always makes you feel good to make others feel good. Remember Col 3:17 ..."And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him". Love, MaCowley

Good Morning, Laura. It is Sunday and sunny here...a great day! You have been in my heart and on my mind. I hope your day is one of peace, joy, reflection, praise and worship privately and in community. Blessings and Love, Aunt Sandra.

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)