Belmont University Home

Laura

thursday-2.jpg

We are off to a great start here in Brazil. Yesterday’s testimony with Brooke and Andy was a great kick-off to all the wonderful opportunities that we have in the days ahead of us. We are quite the bashful group, but God has just opened our hearts and is speaking through all of us. This Rio Team has a close bond already. I’ve never experienced such a caring and loving group. Stefan told the group (in our meeting tonight) that he prayed for the testimonies tonight (Matthew and Me). That in itself meant so much to me. Also, after lunch BW came and put her arm around me and said that she prayed for Matthew and me after breakfast that god would speak through the testimonies tonight. Everybody is praying for one another and this is just the beginning of a life-long experience that this team will have together. We are growing and growing stronger.

God is just so great. The basketball exhibition against flamengo was perhaps the most fun I’ve had playing basketball in a long time. We all kept cheering hard for one another and the atmosphere was just amazing. Keaton came to the bench and said it was like playing Duke again-only different gym, smaller crowd, and no ESPN. Even though we technically lost by a few considering the mix of the team against an all guys team, the most important part was that we won the heart of a young man who accepted Christ this night. After leaving the gym, Whitney and I were sitting on the bus together when it came to our attention of a group of low clouds surrounding the Christ Statue. I have to admit it game me a little chill, but it was quite an ominous feeling just having that vision of Christ coming back for us in the clouds one day. It was just a great ending of the day. Yet, it is the beginning of a transformation that we are starting to see.

|

Comments

Laura, God is so good. When I read your description of the low clouds dispursing from around the Jesus statue revealing the statue in all it's beauty, I immediately thought of the Bible verse in Psalm 121:1-3. " I will lift mine eyes unto the hills,from whence cometh my help. my help cometh from the Lord,which made heaven and earth.He will not suffer thy foot to be moved:he that keepeth thee will not slumber. " Yes, God is working. Roger

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5-6. Yes...God is at work!!

ROOMIES! It sounds like ya'll are having an amazing experience in Brazil. Just reading your blogs takes me back to a year ago, playing flamengo, driving by the christ statue, giving testimonies. I had such an amazing experience and I'm so glad that God is giving ya'll this opportunity as well! I just wanted to let ya'll know you are in my thoughts and prayers! Keep reaching as many people as you can, and making those kids, who look up to you so much, smile. HAVE FUN!
p.s. eat the dessert pizza...it's amazing!!
~EMily

Laura,
Your mission trip sounds so exciting. What greater blessing than to allow God to work through you to bring people to Him!! I will continue to pray for you and your group. Take care!
love, Aunt Mary Ann
2 Corinthins 13:14

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)