Belmont University Home

Brittney E.

brit-e 4.jpg

britt-e-2.jpg

Brittney E—final goodbye

Hey everyone, it’s me again! =) Wow I can’t believe that this trip is almost over! It seems like just yesterday we were arriving in Rio and checking through customs.

It’s hard to decide where to begin to explain my experiences on this trip. No words seem good enough to describe my feelings. As much as I miss all my friends and family back home, it is very hard to say goodbye to Brazil, the people of Rio, and all the wonderful new friends I have made! They have all touched my heart in a special way; I will NEVER forget any of them. Not only have I met some of the most wonderful people on this trip, but I have also grown so close to the people I came with. These 13 individuals that I have flown 9 hrs with, laughed with, cried with, ate with, and shared God’s word with are 13 of the most AMAZING people I have ever met in my life! I have grown so close to all of them, and I am sad that this special time with all of them has to end. But, I will ALWAYS have the memories we made together to take with me. Los Jeans! =)

I came on this trip to make an impact on Brazil. I came in hopes to change the hearts of the children and people I met; I wanted them to know about my faith and Jesus. I believe we succeeded in this. I know we touched the hearts of many and led some to God. However, I think more change occurred than just in the people of Brazil. I can see a change in each and every person who came on this trip. I know, personally, I have grown in my faith and also learned more about myself. That growth is the most important thing I can take home! I am very grateful for not only being able to give all that I could, but also to gain all that I did.

I wish I could explain more about the trip itself and what went on, but I just can’t put it into words. My teammates are a little…no a lot…better at that than I am, so I’m sure they have given better detail. But from me, I just want to share with you all that this trip really has been a life changing experience for us all. This trip to Rio has been more than a trip of giving and sharing, but a trip of growth and gain!

God Bless you all! See you soon!

Brittney

|

Comments

I love you Brittney, so much, and I am so proud of you and the entire team. May this experience bless you as I know you all have been such a blessing to all the people you've come in contact with. I pray for your safe return!
Love, Momma

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)