Belmont University Home

Brittany M.

duck-duck-goose.jpgToday was awesome! We ventured into the public schools starting in the morning. I was assigned the little ones, which are my favorite. These children did not have much, yet they were smiling as if they had everything in the world when we walked into their school. Seeing the smiling faces of the little ones made my heart break because many of them had worn out clothes and shoes. We played duck, duck, goose with them and they loved the attention. It was obvious that many of these children did not receive the attention they should at home, and were so excited to have us touch, hug, and play with them. I was drawn to a small, quiet girl. She had ripped shorts and shoes that were not in wearing condition. Though she was only about 5 years old, the love of God was shining in her eyes. She was so precious, and its those moments that makes these trips so worth while. It is amazing how God is everywhere, even in places where people do not know him. Cooler man and Andy shared today and did an awesome job of conveying God’smessage. The little children all the way up to the older ones were captivated. This was a sight to see. It is always hard to leave little children, even harder when they have touched your heart.

keaton-dunk.jpgThe next two schools were filled with more children. I love how we can capture their attention with our basketball skills and then tell them the message of God. How awesome is it that we can use something as small as a dunk from Keaton Belcher to get them interested in listening to whatever we say? We are able to lead them to God with a leather basketball. God works in amazing ways, and I love when it involves the little children. Children are always glowing with the love of God, even the ones of Brazil.

This trip is flying. I cant believe we are leaving in 3 days…how sad. But we have 2 more days of work for the Lord, and I am as excited and full of anticipation as I was on day one!

|