Belmont University

Planes, Trains, but No Automobiles

Drew Mick JJAfter 24 hours on board two planes, four different trains, pulling luggage through train stations and up and down hills we arrived in Napoli with tired bodies but happy faces. To say "it was a long trek to Naples" would not do it justice. After settling into our rooms, we then hiked more hills and valleys surveying the city and checking out the school and two outdoor play areas where we will begin work tomorrow.

Missionaries Charlie and Shannon Worthy, along with 4 children, a journeyman and 2 college students from the states took us to a late dinner where we enjoyed authentic marguerite pizzas and all kinds of Italian food prepared just for us - especially mozzarella cheese made with milk from water buffalo - the "real" way to make mozzarella - it was delicious! (click image to view larger size)

We arrived back to our hotel around 8:30 pm and I just bet the entire team was asleep by 9:30. Looks like we'll be walking every where we go!

Betty WisemanYou can bet on this one thing: I will be leaving at least half of what I brought here to lighten my bag because we will be retracing all those stops on our journey back.
- Betty

|

Comments

Glad to hear that you made it safely! My thoughts and prayers will be with you all throughout your trip...I can only hope that the experience is as humbling and revealing to each of you as it was to so many of us who were fortunate enough to take part BW's previous trips. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for you in Naples!

Hey Guys, Great to see the photos and hear of a safe arrival in Naples. When I mentioned to Kathryn that the Belmont team was in Naples, she said with a sigh, "Oh, they are not in Malta." Missing you here, but looking forward to hearing more of what God is doing in and through you as you serve Him in Naples! We think of you often and the team's time here. Nathan still plays with "Be a Bruin" stickers that you brought and left with us. Love from the Pinkstons in Malta

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)