Belmont University

The Priviledge of Walking in Paul’s Footsteps

“Once safely on shore, we found out that the island was called Malta. The Islanders showed us unusual kindness. They built a fire and welcomed us all because it was raining and cold.”
- Acts 28: 1-2

The thought of being on the island of Malta where Paul was shipwrecked for three months on his way to Rome is reason enough to be excited about this mission trip! I never tire of reading about Paul’s conversion experience and his subsequent passion and boldness for sharing the gospel. He is the model for evangelism. I think even he would be intrigued today by the use of sports as a platform for sharing the good news of Jesus Christ! And, we might just have the privilege of walking in Paul’s footsteps. Wow!

SPORTS EVANGELISM IN MALTA - MAY 17-27

Betty Wiseman Yes, I am counting the days until we leave for our annual sports evangelism mission trip on May 17 to work with IMB career missionaries, Earl and Robin Pinkston. The team has been called, tickets and passports are in hand, prayer partners in place, finances in order, and regular meetings for preparation are on-going. Team members will wrap up classes in a couple of weeks and prepare for final exams. The next four weeks will pass quickly and we’ll be on our way!

- Betty Wiseman

|