Belmont University

Random Travel Thoughts

chris_train_bunk240.jpg I just woke up here on this train in India en route from Jaipur to Varanasi. Besides the 30 to 60 minutes in the cold wait station, it's been surprisingly fun and not uncomfortable! I think we're about to start the choreography for our Bollywood dance number any second now, to the annoyance of the other car passengers. I will make no comments on the restrooms, because we have varying opinions on if it is in fact the worst we have come across so far, nor will I pay any attention to Taylor's trying to blame me for all of the crumbs falling on his bottom bunk.

EsmeYesterday we got to spend a few more hours in a market, which was just so great. I didn't buy anything; I'm still getting along just fine with my Punjabi suits that I bought (hand tailored) at the last bazaar. Earlier that morning we went to mother Theresa's home, and we played with the kids and met some of the beautiful people who stay there. I'm glad it's there, but by American standards it was a medical nightmare. Wonderful but heartbreaking. Exactly why I'm going into nursing. More later…

|