« News of the Scott's family life and ministry | Main | Arrival in Maturin »

Verrrrrry Early Monday Morning at Nashville Airport

group_lg.jpgThere are always new things that team members learn on mission trips. From the sleepy-eyed looks on many of our faces, the first thing that some of our team learned on this trip is that there is a second, rarely seen, time when the hour hand of the clock reaches the four! We will spare you the yawning pictures.

Everyone made it to the airport. The team circled B-Dub (Betty Wiseman) for a few final instructions followed by a time of prayer. Deb busied herself getting signatures on meal allowance receipts. New luggage tags are in place. Passports are in-hand. We're hoping that boarding passes have us assigned to long-legged seating positions. The ritual of dis-assembling and re-assembling oneself at ariport security is over. We are at the American Airlines gate in plenty of time to get a team picture and scavenge the concourse for stale breakfast foods. Whew! As many times as we do this, the first real sigh of relief comes now; knowing that a year's worth of planning and preparation are over and it is time to put wings on those plans.

The next time that you hear from us, we will be in Venezuela. We know that Paul and Shelley, our missionary host familiy, have a full schedule planned for the team...so you may not hear from us immediately. However, just as soon as there is a break in the travel activity and Internet access is available, we'll give our families, friends, and prayer partners a shot at the second real sigh of relief: a safe arrival story. Until then, we covet your prayers and are incredibly thankful for your support of this mission.
God bless!,
Betty, Debbie, Paul, and the student team

Comments

Praying for you as you travel, and praying for the many people with whom you will soon interact.

How exciting!!! While we've already promised to bathe you in prayer, we also promise not to pray for you at 4:00am...in your honor of course. I have a large list of Forest Hills folks to forward the posts to. Many beyond your personal Prayer Partners will be lifing you up.

Paul, please know we are lifting you and the team up in prayer as you travel to Venezuela today and begin your ministry. Wayne

I'll be prayin' for you guys!

To Shandra and the rest of the travelers ,please know that you are in my prayers .May God bless each of you and keep you safe.ME-MA

To Shandra and the team, we are keeping you in our prayers. God's favor surrounds you like a shield and we trust that He will continue to bless and keep you as you go about His work. Auntie Mary and Uncle Travis

Hello Shandra,and all the team,it is so exciting to be able to see the group each day.Praying that God will Bless each of you as you minister to others.
"Love to all"
MeMa

To Shandra and the Team, it is your season to share away from home. God bless each one of you.

Niki, Ke and Virgil

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)