« Pulling together as a team | Main | Tuesday Morning Update - hurried »

June 13, 2005

Day 3

DanThis morning before we started our marathon of sports with the kids, Rebekah delivered an inspiring message to the group concerning how, as Christians, we are like rubberbands: Our value depends on how far we can stretch. She challenged us to allow God to stretch us beyond our limits so that we can break and be reconnected with other "rubberbands" to be able to collectively strecth even farther. (Hope you are following me here!) I wore a rubberband on my wrist today to remind me to stretch, to allow God to push me beyond my own personal barriers. HE did! I will continue to remember this thought as the week progresses. Thanks Rebekah!

excited for what's ahead-

dano

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at June 13, 2005 07:58 PM

Comments

This is so cool to watch these Belmont athletes in action besides on the field, court or course. God bless you all.

Posted by: Coach Lissa Bradford at June 13, 2005 09:35 PM

Dear All,
I am thinking of you all. My family is praying for your safe return and the great work it sounds like you are doing. Miss you all. Take care of each other
Coach kirchmann

Posted by: scott kirchmann at June 14, 2005 01:07 AM

Sounds like yall are having a great time! I have been reading updates daily. I am praying for you all! Enjoy the rest of your experience and have a safe trip home.
-Meredith Edwards

Posted by: Meredith at June 14, 2005 03:44 PM

Hey Dano,

Thanks for the great posting. I enjoyed Rebekah's thoughts. Hope everyone is well. I know you are all working hard. We are very, very proud of the entire group. My love to all.

Yours in Christ,

Clyde R.

Posted by: Clyde Russell at June 14, 2005 03:58 PM

Great reminder Dan for all of us! We all need to follow the lead of this group and become "rubberbands" for Him. Thanks to Betty and all the gang for doing the work of His Kingdom so far from home. We are praying for you throughout the journey!

Posted by: Peter Powell at June 14, 2005 07:19 PM

I use the analogy often about being stretched as a rubber band. Whether it's about myself, my staff or friends, and the impact the elastic/inelastic band can have at different times.

Until I read your post I had not put into the same context as you did, but it certainly applies to me. Not only in the stretching of myself, but Him bringing others into my life that allow me increase my elasticity. It's because of the others that I have yet to snap myself, but I'm aware it can happen at any moment.

Thank you for sharing this message.
Tim

Posted by: Tim at June 15, 2005 04:24 AM

Dan,

Glad your trip went well! Keep stretching!

See you in the fall.

Dr. C.

Posted by: Dr. C. at June 21, 2005 09:01 PM