Graduation? What?

I can’t believe it! Graduation is finally within sight! It’s crazy how quickly these past four years have gone! It hasn’t been perfect and definitely not without mistakes and bumps along the way, but looking back over the last four years I’m very happy with the person I’ve become and where I’m going as I leave Belmont.
I landed a full time job as a freelance writer (an English major’s dream) and am going to work on that, try to publish some of the articles/stories, and continue writing grants for local nonprofit organizations. With the economy in the state it is in, it’s very difficult to find a decent post-grad job right now and I’m very thankful for the opportunity I’ve been given. A few weeks ago I was very stressed out about getting a job, but I was actually approached by a connection I made as a Belmont student that offered me the position. I am so thrilled!
As excited as I am for the future as I’ve ever been and I’m always going to be happy to look back on my time as at Belmont as a time of great growth. I’m not the same girl I was checking into Hail Hall on move-in day 2006, but now I’m a woman who is confident in herself and has been given the tools to succeed. In the next few years I’m going to be pursuing my Masters degree and hopefully finish up a book.
IMG_0381.jpg
I’m looking forward to graduation ceremony where I know I’ll be surrounded by faces of classmates and hopefully I’ll be able to introduce my parents to a few of my favorite professors. More than anything though, I’m looking forward to the days when I will be able to think back to the moment I cross the stage as I am handed my diploma as a closing of one chapter of life and the beginning of a new one. Here’s to going from here to anywhere!