A Sweet Escape

In the midst of what is – without a doubt – the craziest time of the year, it was nice to take a break and spend the weekend with my mom. She and one of her friends came to visit me, allowing me to be their personal Nashville tour guide for a few days. In return, they offered me much-needed emotional support and encouragement to finish the semester strong. (They also treated me to a few meals, which is always very much appreciated!) It was a perfect weekend.
When they arrived on Friday, I took them to Belmont for a quick tour of the campus. Next, we picked up my best friend, Kelly, and the four of us enjoyed a delicious lunch at one of my new favorite places: Star Bagel.starbagel.jpg
They have this incredible Peanut Butter, Honey, Granola, & Banana wrap…it is TO DIE FOR. It’s the stuff dreams are made of. Really. Anyway, after lunch, we drove around downtown Nashville before heading to Radnor Lake for an afternoon walk. I had never been to Radnor before, but now I’m not sure I will be able to keep myself from going daily! Everything is so peaceful and beautiful there; it’s the perfect escape.
Friday night we ate at J. Alexander’s, taking our time to enjoy great food and great company.Radnor-Lake.jpg
After that, we called it an early night so that we could get up and go to Pancake Pantry the next morning! The line was long, as per usual, but it was completely worth it (as per usual). From there, we went to downtown Franklin to shop and enjoy the spectacular weather. Since Saturday was Earth Day, there was a celebration in Centennial that included live music, so we went to check it out. We had a wonderful time! Later that night, we visited the Gaylord Opryland hotel and Opry Mills Mall.
On Sunday, we went to church, shopped for a few hours, and then my mom and her friend went to the Bluebird CafĂ©. I had been planning on joining them, but ended up feeling sick so I decided to take a nap. The girls left early yesterday morning and I miss them already! It’s nice knowing that I will be home in less than three weeks, but I still have so much do to before the end of the semester comes!