Of Garden’s and Gratefulness

So, I’m doing a group project that’s focused on making the Belmont Community Garden a Sustainable effort. Many people actually don’t know Belmont has a community garden, and truth is, it’s just now beginning to take off after a slow start this past summer. I’m really excited. On my end, I’m doing some more logistical stuff, and drafting a 2 year plan for where the Garden hopes to be and accomplish by Spring 2012. In the meantime, we’ve had a big community service workday a couple of weekends ago and it’s shaping up to look really good.
turkey-dinner.jpg
In other news, Turkey Day is fast approaching. I always enjoy going to Arkansas and visiting my dad’s side of the family and seeing my grandparents, cousins, aunt’s, uncles, and eating lots of good food. But, I don’t know how much rest I will get. I’ve got an 8 page paper to start on, a 10 page paper to start on, a 5 page book review, a 2000 word essay, and a 1500 word essay to write by December 7th and 8th. And I still have a lot of research to do on the biggest papers. That said, I’m really excited about both of the big paper’s. One of them is going to be on Toni Morrison’s Sula, and the other is going to be on Time, Narrative, and the (Re)Construction of History in Slavery and the West using Octavia Butler’s “Kindred” and Ishmael Reed’s “Yellowback Radio Brokedown” as my primary texts. So, those two things make me very excited.