The Best Birthday

9924_257835565036_763480036_8948929_1289251_n.jpg
This week I turned 22 and I have to say it’s the best birthday I’ve had in a really long time! Between classes being canceled, my first show with my band (The Sweet Irony), and a wonderful evening with friends, next year will have to be out of this world to top this year’s celebration.
I think maybe God had a hand in this, but ALL of my classes got canceled (ahead of time) on the day of my birthday. Not that I mind going to class, but it’s nice to have a random day off, let alone your birthday. So, I went home for lunch and hung out with my parents. It was really nice to catch up with them. It’s funny, I only live 20 minutes away from my parents, but I’m always so busy between work, school, and friends, I feel like I don’t see them that often. When my dad went back to work, my mom took me shopping and we had a really nice time together. I got a new purse and wallet for my birthday.
Then my sister and boyfriend came and joined us after their classes were over. It was just a really nice calm evening with cake and pizza, until my friend Becka and her boyfriend, Cale, came over to practice for our show the next night. Since my mom recently had surgery and can’t walk we knew she wouldn’t be able to make it to our show. So, as a surprise for her we did our final run through at the house. She cried a little, which was to be expected, and we all really enjoyed ourselves.
The next day we had our show at Bongo Java. We had a lot more people show up than I thought there would be! It was really great to be up on stage again and singing the songs Becka and I have worked on over the past year, as well as a few fun covers. Hopefully we’ll be playing again soon.
9924_257835645036_763480036_8948941_1298107_n.jpg
Finally, Saturday was the last day of celebration. A group of my closest friends and I got all dressed up and went to a really nice restaurant called Sambuca. We all enjoyed talking and catching up over dinner while a jazz band played. Although I’m usually never shy, for some reason I got really embarrassed when the singer announced it was my birthday and the whole restaurant clapped for me.
After Sambuca’s, we went back to my apartment where we played Beatles Rock Band (my boyfriend’s gift to me) and enjoyed ice cream cup cakes. The night was filled with laughter, music, and friendly conversation and I wouldn’t have changed a thing. :)