Better Together

If you haven’t heard the song “Better Together” by Jack Johnson, then you should definitely check it out. It’s one of those songs that you could very easily listen to over and over again and never get tired of hearing. For me, it’s the perfect song to listen to on a warm, summer day…driving with the windows rolled down and the music turned up…without a care in the world. Of course, we are quickly nearing the end of the semester, so I still have a few “cares in the world”. Quite a few, actually. Amid the chaos and stress, I am managing to find (and treasure) peaceful moments to spend with my boyfriend and with my friends. I know that those moments will be the ones that I remember most from my college years.
Over the past two weeks, several exciting things have happened…
1.) I was inducted into the Spanish Honor Society, Phi Sigma Iota! I was so honored to be selected for induction and look forward to serving as an officer during my senior year (unfortunately, I can’t do that this upcoming year because I will be in Spain). girls!.jpg
2.) I celebrated 6 months with Dan! Hard to believe it’s been that long already…but it has! We watched one of my favorite movies, “Chocolat,” and enjoyed chocolate fondue in honor of the occasion. It was a lovely evening. :)
3.) Several of my friends received an academic award! My roommate (and dear friend), Ateia, received the Larry M. Hall Underclassman Award for excellence in Political Science (yay Ateia!!); Hope received the Marietta Cook “Most Promising Freshman” Award from the Communications department (yay Hope!!); and…drum-roll please…Sarah received the “Second Year Student of the Year” Award!!! YAYYY Sarah!!! I was so proud of all of them and enjoyed going to the awards ceremonies.
4.) On Saturday, I had the opportunity to help out with the virtual tour project that Belmont’s Admissions department has been working on! Eventually, you will be able to tour Belmont by simply navigating to our homepage. It’s going to be awesome! I’m excited about being able to feel like I’m still at home, even when I’m 4,000 miles away in Spain next year!! Keep checking the website…the virtual tour should be available sometime this summer.
5.) I made a wonderful new friend! I know that this might not seem like a big deal…but I’m still very excited about it because we have so much in common!! She is also Pre-Occupational therapy, a sophomore, she loves going for walks (just like I do), and her grandparents happen to live less than 5 miles from my house in Kansas City. It’s crazy! Just when I thought that this year could not get any better…God blessed me by bringing yet another extraordinary person into my life. I’m so thankful.
While I’m excited about going home for the summer, I can’t help but dread the day that I have to say goodbye to everyone here at Belmont. I can’t even THINK about not seeing them for a year… luckily, most of my friends are already price-checking flights to Spain, and looking into possible weeks to come visit me! I’m so glad that they’re planning ahead because, after all, it’s always better when we’re together. girls.jpg