Bruin Blast!

It has already been 4 months since I have arrived at Belmont University. Time has truly flown by these last couple of months. The leaves on the trees are now changing colors, from green to shades of orange, yellow, and red. It has been getting much cooler lately so I have been making more trips to Bongo Java, the local coffee house, to get my favorite drink the “Apple Pie.” Although November brings new challenges such registering for classes, music juries, and many papers, I am looking forward to attending the basketball games and being a part of Bruin Blast.
Bruin Blast is the pep band that plays for several volleyball games and all of the home basketball games. The gym is usually packed with students cheering for the Bruins. The games are very energetic, particularly this year because of how well they did last season. Last year Belmont’s mens bandatgame.jpg
basketball team won the Atlantic Sun Conference and competed in the NCAA tournament. In the first round of the tournament, Belmont faced the number 2 seed, Duke University. Belmont almost won the game, earning high respect in the NCAA tournament. After this years first exhibition match of the season, Belmont appears to have a great chance of making it to the NCAA tournament again. Last Thursday they easily beat Sewanee with a score of 83 to 27.
Bruin Blast plays a large variety of music during timeouts and halftimes. Right before the home games, the pep band gets to run in as the the announcer introduces us. It is a lot of fun because we get to run in similar to how the actual athelets run in before the game. My favorite part about Bruin Blast is when the entire crowd sings along with our music. Bruin Blast is going to be an amazing experience. GO BRUINS!