Almost There

Brian.JPG
School is almost done but baseball is hopefully far from over. We still play a few weeks after school is out. Pretty awesome. As I sit here and write this blog, I have 2 more finals to go. I should be studying but it is good to get away from the books and take a break every once in a while. It is that time of year where everyone around Belmont is packing, studying, and getting ready for summer. I am extremely excited. It’s going to be a great summer.

Tomorrow is my first final. It’s for the History of the Recording Business: 195 questions, multiple choice. It’s actually not as bad as it sounds. The review is great and really helps. No worries here. I anticipate acing it. Why not aim high right? Tuesday is my last final and it is for The Entertainment Industry. That shouldn’t be too bad either. I feel ready for whatever comes my way. Luckily this semester my finals are fairly easy. That is a first for me. Dead Day was yesterday and extremely good. I went to the carnival, ate some free burgers and ice cream, listened and rocked out to The War, and then played a little tennis with some friends. It was a great day to be outside yesterday. Spring in Nashville is gorgeous. Everyone must experience that in their lifetime.
This summer will be the first summer ever that I will not be playing baseball. I will miss it, but I am looking forward to a break. I will be staying in town and taking two classes: Intellectual Properties and an accounting class. Also, I will be interning for Ben Glover who is a songwriter. That should be pretty cool. I am sure that I will learn a lot, meet a lot of great people, and expand my knowledge in the music industry.
I also plan to write as much as possible. Hopefully I can record as well. I’d love to have an acoustic/piano CD with 10 or 12 songs by the time school starts in August. We’ll see. Its all about setting your goals, now I just have to make it happen.
I would love to travel this summer but not sure if that will happen. I will keep everyone updated with that goal.