Approaching the Finish Line.

mollybennnn.gif
Right now, I am enduring one of the most hectic weeks of the entire semester. The school work, the tests and the group papers are somewhat overwhelming; however, I am so thankful that the Lord enables me to climb over that mountain in order to reach the highest elevation! (Pictured to the right is a picture of my friend, Molly, and I outside the Curb Cafe — one of the coolest dining places on campus!)

Earlier this week, I had the most rock-awesome opportunity to work backstage in the green room for the 2008 CMT Music Awards. On Monday, April 14, my task was to sit at a table with four guitars that artists would hopefully be willing to sign as they casually walked through the green room (a room that included the press, refreshments and scrumptious appetizers). The highlights of the night included sitting four feet from Joe Walsh (of the Eagles) and having the opportunity to be amidst artists such as LeAnn Rimes, Dierks Bentley and Snoop Dogg. As a whole, the entire experience was quite rewarding and totally fun. (Plus, the awards were held right here at Belmont University!)
This weekend, I am going to leave the state of Tennessee and embark on a journey with a few good friends. I am headed to Georgia – also known as the “Peach State.” Without a doubt, I am definitely excited to leave a world of the city-life for a world embraced by wilderness, the sunshine and a cool-water lake. Personally, I thrive on the bombastic experience of travel and thoroughly enjoy seeing different sights.
Lastly, I figured that I would write a schedule that showcases an “inside look” on the craziness of a collegiate lifestyle. I am a “planner” and believe that it is fun to plan. Here is a look at my class schedule and plans from Thurs., April 17, 2008:
9:00a.m.– Breakfast
9:30-10:45a.m. – Business Ethics
11:25a.m. – Early lunch
12:15p.m. – Interview at Billboard Magazine for an internship
1:00p.m. – Run to the Post Office
2:00-3:15p.m. – Artist Management
3:30-4:45p.m. – Public Relations in the Music Industry
5:30p.m. – Dinner
6:30p.m. – Work-out in the Beaman
7:30p.m. – Homework
9:30p.m. – Attend a show at Christopher’s Pizza (featuring my friend Greg).
Sound busy? Welcome to college. Oh yeah, I also can’t wait for summer. I’m definitely ready for that, too. :)