This is me

The summer of 2007. Let me take you there. I was 21 years old, unemployed and living at home with my parents, had already been to two colleges, not taking classes at the moment, extremely unsure about my future, and then I did what any normal 21 year old would do, I got a dog. brian.JPG

Continue reading

So The Break Is Here…

So the break is upon us. I have two more classes tomorrow, and they’re easy classes at that, Psych Lab and Weight Training, and then I’m free for a week and a half. I’m really excited. I’m staying in Nashville over the break, and even though I’m sad that a lot of my friends are going home, I’m really excited to have some time to myself. Plus, a handful of my friends will be around and we’re gonna hang out and watch movies and have discussions about social justice and great things like that, so it should be good. IMG_1093.jpg

Continue reading

Ready for a Break!

This weekend my roommate and I escaped to her house, in Franklin, for a much-needed break. Her parents and siblings are spending a couple of weeks in Kansas City, so Raychel (my roommate) and I had the house to ourselves! On our way out to Franklin, which is about 15 minutes south of Belmont, we stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a few snacks. We originally planned to get brownies and ice cream…but somehow we ended up leaving with both of those items, plus chocolate chex mix, chocolate cake, hot chocolate, and chocolate chips. DSCN2241.JPG After baking a batch of what were possibly THE BEST chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had in my life, Raychel and I settled in on the couch with our chocolate treats and watched the movie version of the musical “Rent.” It was a very interesting movie. I really enjoyed the music and I learned how many minutes are in one year: 525, 600! Raychel and I had that song stuck in our heads all night.

Continue reading

A new puppy!!!!

The last month has been SO busy for me! I’ve been trying to balance so many different things. It’s kind of stressing me out, but Spring Break is coming up pretty soon!! I’m very excited to finally be able to rest and just spend time doing absolutely nothing. I, unfortunately, am not going to the beach, but I’m sure I’ll still have fun at home! The best part about SB is being able to take spontaneous trips, so while I say I’m not going to the beach as of now, you never know! I may pack my Vera Bradley bag, put some gas in the car, and head off for a couple days in the sun!

Continue reading

Pages keep turning..

bhills.jpg
I feel as if I am a character in a novel that is learning to grasp every moment that life has to offer. But more importantly, a character who is portrayed as an upbeat, optimistic and energized college student. Right now, I’m not quite sure where the Lord (the Author) is leading me. However, there is definitely one thing that I know for sure; and that is to celebrate His truth and look forward to the next chapter.

Continue reading

It’s official…

I am a Spanish major!!!!! It was such a relief to fill out the “Change Major” form and I feel really good about my decision. I met with my Spanish advisor yesterday and after talking with him I am excited about the possibilities for scheduling. Next semester I’m going to take a Spanish film class and a Spanish literature class. Both of them sound great and I can’t wait to get started! Also, we discussed the possibility of studying abroad. I have always wanted to visit Spain and I think it would be such an incredible experience. 5catedr2.jpg

Continue reading