Umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh

Halloween was this week!! I didn’t spend it exactly how I planned, so I’m glad I at least had my fun over the weekend. Saturday night, I went to a Halloween party with friends! It was funny to see everyone’s costumes. My costume changed over a 3 day span. On Saturday night, I was a referee. Sunday night I decided to be a Cowboy’s football player. Monday night at a sorority social, I was a skater girl. I guess I was really into the sports theme this year! The funny thing is that on the actual day of Halloween, I didn’t even wear a costume.

I had to sing in my commercial seminar class, so I had to dress for my performance. I decided to sing an acoustic version of Rihanna’s “Umbrella.” It was so much fun. I hated that song for the longest time but it’s kind of grown on me. I still think that it’s really interesting that someone would right a song about an “umbrella-ella-eh-eh-eh,” but it was really fun to perform and everyone really enjoyed it! So, in all, it was a success. Halloween night, I had an Oratorio rehearsal from 7 to 9:30. Party, right?! Not really. However, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. Yes it was Halloween, but I didn’t plan on Trick-or-Treating or joining in any Halloween-related festivities, so it was no big deal that I was trapped in a choir rehearsal for a billion hours. We have another night rehearsal this week because we’re preparing for the Fall Choral Institute on Friday. We’re singing two really beautiful pieces. One is called “O Clap Your Hands” and the other is a 40 minute score called “Dona Nobis Pacem.” I had the words to the Dona Nobis stuck in my head all night…as did every other Oratorio student. I’m excited to have some down time after this show is over, but
Christmas at Belmont is just around the corner, so there will be many more long rehearsals over the next couple weeks.
On the upside, Thanksgiving Break is in just 3 weeks!!! I’m finding it to be a bit sad that I’m constantly writing about being so excited for the next break. I promise I love Belmont with all my heart!! I’m just ready for some home-cooked food and some time to hang out with my little brother!! Here’s one of my new favorite pictures…my friends and I having a “team huddle.”
group huddle.jpg
“My friends have made the story of my life” ~Helen Keller