Bruiser’s Sweetheart

I had an absolute blast at the first men’s basketball game of the season! They played the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders. I thought it was going to be a close game, but it wasn’t anything along those lines. The Belmont men completely owned the court! I was very proud to call myself a Bruin that night! I mean, I’m always proud to be a Bruin, but I was ESPECIALLY proud that night!

Continue reading

Frosty and Frostier!

gingerbreaddd.jpg
This week has definitely been one of the most manic and crazy weeks yet! On Monday – I flew into Nashville-town not realizing the extravagant amount of homework – projects – and tests which would pile up on me a few days after. On Tuesday evening, I spent three hours in the Beaman Student Life Center studying for my third exam in Accounting II in hopes of earning a decent grade on the test. As for Wednesday, I spent most of the afternoon interning at Lyric Street Records and then returned back to school to go on duty at the Bruin Hills clubhouse from six-to-10 p.m. Sounds like fun doesn’t it?

Continue reading

As the Year Winds Down…

IMG_4071.jpg (This is how I feel about school lately)
School has been a whirlwind as of late. Lots of books to read and huge stack of papers to write beginning this weekend. But through it all, I’ve been pretty calm. I don’t know, I have a hard time getting stressed about school work. I always think it’s better to maintain a clear head so I can accomplish all that I can possibly accomplish even if it’s not all I would like to finish.
Its quite possible that I’m still running off of break mode, as our Thanksgiving Break was just last week. I have to say, it can sometimes be really hard to get my mind back in academic order for school. It’s like, “I wanna hang out with people, I wanna knit, I wanna write music!” But none of this can happen with the looming shadow of finals hanging over me. I’m very excited about the break, and I don’t think school ending could come at a better time. I look forward to lounging around and reading, a lot!

Continue reading

Sports Highlights

Well, Thanksgiving break is over and it’s time to get ready for finals. Today is Tuesday and I already feel like it should be the end of the week. I guess I didn’t realize how much work I still have to do before the semester ends! This week I’m working on a 10-page paper in addition to studying for my finals and completing a few last-minute assignments. It’s going to be a very busy week, but the end is near!
Thanksgiving was wonderful. I had a chance to spend lots of time with my family, catch up with friends and, of course, eat plenty of good meals. It was still hard to leave my family at the end of the week, but it feels like it gets a little bit easier each time. (It also helps to know that I am going to see them again in two weeks!)

Continue reading

The Best Convo Ever!

I went to the coolest convo convo ever last night! It was a Songwriting Q&A session featuring 3 songwriters from the Nashville area. Among those songwriters was Andy Davis who just happens to be one of my favorite artists!! He graduated from Belmont in ’03 and has been increasingly successful since his graduation. He’s still not a big as he should be, but I know he’s going to be insanely popular soon!

Continue reading

Crazy Week

photoforblog.jpg
This week has definitely been busier than I expected it to be! I moved into Bruin Hills – and am definitely content with the living situation. Along with the move – I’m learning to adjust to the responsibilities which automatically tag along with being a Resident Assistant. Nonetheless, I am bombastically excited for what the future holds.

Continue reading

November? Already?!

pumkins2.jpg
What a week. I am so thankful that it’s Friday because I’m definitely ready for a weekend! I had a great Halloween…I went over to my SLA’s (Spiritual Life Assistant) house for homemade chili, a pumpkin-carving contest (my pumpkin won!) and, of course, a costume party (I was a Confederate soldier). It was so much fun and it gave me a much-needed break from homework.

Continue reading

Umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh

Halloween was this week!! I didn’t spend it exactly how I planned, so I’m glad I at least had my fun over the weekend. Saturday night, I went to a Halloween party with friends! It was funny to see everyone’s costumes. My costume changed over a 3 day span. On Saturday night, I was a referee. Sunday night I decided to be a Cowboy’s football player. Monday night at a sorority social, I was a skater girl. I guess I was really into the sports theme this year! The funny thing is that on the actual day of Halloween, I didn’t even wear a costume.

Continue reading