Fun Times on Labor Day Weekend

I had an AWESOME Labor Day weekend! Probably the best to date! I was originally supposed to go to an Auburn football game, but plans changed last minute and I ended up going to the lake!! I went to Tims Ford Lake, which is about 2 hours from Nashville. I had a much more eventful weekend than I’m sure most people have in an entire lifetime!

Right now, I can’t help but think of when people used to say “If your friends jumped off of a bridge, would you do it too?” From now on, if I’m ever asked that question, my reply will be “ALREADY DID IT!” This Labor Day weekend…I jumped off a 50 foot bridge. I jumped off a 50 foot bridge. I jumped off a 50 foot bridge. I jumped off a 50 foot bridge. I. JUMPED. OFF. A. 50. FOOT. BRIDGE. Yes..it’s true. I still can’t believe it myself! I have to say it over and over again just to remind myself that I’m quite the daredevil! Either that, or I’m an idiot! Ha ha. I’m not afraid of heights, but my goodness, that was a long way down! It’s one of those things where you think to yourself “Oh, no big deal…I’m awesome, I can handle that!” and then you look down and all sense smacks back into your head and you remember that you may want to rethink “being cool.” However, if I DIDN’T jump, then I would’ve regretted it and I would’ve thought of myself as a wimp. Mission accomplished, because I did it and I lived to tell the tale!
My boyfriend jumped first and then I looked down, and I did a quick “in the name of the father, and the son, and the holy spirit” as I crossed myself, said my last words in my head, and plunged feet first into the water. The fall seemed to last forever. The initial reaction of the fall was like “OMG WHAT IN THE WORRRRRRLD DID I JUST DO?!?! This is going to hurt and I’m an idiot!” Then the whole world kind of shut down and I went into a realm of darkness and then….I finally, abruptly crashed into the water. After I got all the water out of my nose from the intense impact of the water, I was proud of myself for not dying. I was, in fact, the only girl to attempt this “leap of faith,” if you will. The boys jumped at least 3 more times. It was a lot of fun, but I don’t think I’ll ever do it again. I’ve already proven to myself and all my friends that I’m awesome and daring…I don’t need to prove anything anymore! Ha ha. Oh, and I knew before hand how deep the water was…it’s an endless supply. I wasn’t going to break my entire body from hitting the bottom of the lake or anything like that!
I also got to give wakeboarding a try this weekend! It was so much fun and I can’t wait to go back and give it another try!! Again, no more bridge jumping for me! I’ll leave that to the boys! the bridge.jpg