Long stretch of Highway…

takinthewheel.jpg
I’m typing out this blog on another one of those blistering-hot Nashville evenings. Summer, quicky fading into the past leaves only a trail of sticky and balmy days. The anticipation of making new friends and re-kindling the sparks of those from the previous school year leaves me speechless. Am I ready for an abundance of homework – those every day spiritual highs-and-lows – and the opportunity for individual growth is nothing short of a miracle…

This past week – I endured seven days of R.A. (Resident Assistant) training. The long afternoons spent in the “training process” were most definitely rewarding. Rewarding in the sense that I formed new friendships with fellow resident assistants! And by extension, formed a greater depth of community with individuals who shared similar aspirations of becoming an R.A. Personally – I definitely get a kick out of checking a Belmont student into his or her living accomodations for the upcoming school year. Were the seven days of R.A. training quite tiresome, grueling, and never-ending? OH yes. But they were so worth it.
As for the weekend, I’m not making any plans. I have a little homework to complete. Yes…homework…already…I can hardly believe it!! Honestly, I’m just going to let the amazing Lord take care of everything for these upcoming few days. Maybe…just maybe…I will be able to get some rest! By the way – I’m checking out a new church on Sunday morning and I am definitely psyched. Anyways…I’m going to get going. I have a busy day tomorrow! Am I prepared? Most definitely..!!