Good times, sunshine, and summertime!

It has been absolutely beautiful in the little town of Franklin, TN! Everyday, I wake up to the perfect summer weather. The sun is practically begging me to go to the pool. I’m convinced! I wish I had more time to lay-out by the pool, but my summer has been consumed by preparing for this scholarship program that I’m doing (which I leave for in 3 days!). Although, I can’t complain, it’s a great program and I’m really excited to see the outcome!

For some reason, I tend to watch the movie “Grease” religiously during the summer. Grease always reminds me of summer! I guess it’s just one of those things that goes together perfectly. For example: peanut butter and jelly, Cory Matthews and Topanga Lawrence, Doug Funny and Patti Mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard…. Grease and summertime! Anyway, I’ve watched it at least 3 times in the last week. Between bike rides with my 12-year-old brother, working out, watching the news, singing, and dancing, I don’t have much time to go hang out with friends, so I just watch Grease instead. Unless they come over, in which case they’ll watch it with me. I also started knitting again. I don’t know why I felt compelled to knit a scarf when it’s 80 degrees outside, but it keeps me entertained and I’ll be thanking myself when winter comes around, right?!
I have been dying to go to the beach! I’d preferably like to go to Turks and Caicos or Fiji, but I won’t be picky! I don’t care which beach, just A beach! Anywhere! The sand, the water, and the sunshine…it’s calling my name! Hopefully I’ll get a chance to go sometime before the summer is over.
(image removed at request of owner )