Big Band Blues – Irish Ballads – And the Art of Wing-Walking

photoooo.jpg
Okay…how can this already be the end of June? I’m quite perplexed at how extremely fast summer vacation is flying by. Lately, the days blend into one another as I now have become adjusted to a normal routine. I wake up, eat breakfast, work out, attend class, intern from 2-6, and then return back to the Commons. On most nights, I frequently take a bike ride down 16th Avenue and up 18th. It’s definitely an intense journey; But nonetheless, I somehow battle through another heart-pounding adventure.

Continue reading

Best Week Of The Summer…..So Far

The past week or two have been really good for me. It”s probably one of the few times that I can sincerely respond “I’m doing great” when someone asks how I am doing. Why, you may ask? First off, I just found out that I now have an apartment for the school year. Even though it is on the fourth floor, I couldn’t care less because that means no more living in the dorm, ever. Oh okay I know that I said that “my dorm is way cooler than the apartments,” but that’s because I forgot what it was like to have your own space. Don’t get me wrong the dorms are pretty cool because there is always folks around to hang out with and go to the cafeteria with you, but nothing gets better than Hillside.

Continue reading

Miss Tennessee Adventures!

This week, I’ve been catching up on some much needed sleep! I went to sleep on Sunday night and didn’t wake up until noon the next day!! Why did I need so much sleep, you ask? Well, the last couple weeks have been very hectic for me. I just got back from my scholarship program that I’ve been talking about. Now that it’s over, I guess I’ll tell you all what it was!

Continue reading

Makin’ Music

This past weekend I traded in my Epiphone Studio Les Paul for this Fender SonoranFENDER+SONORAN+SCE.JPG. I have to say, so far, I’m very pleased with the decision. As far as music goes, I’ll listen to stuff that rocks, but I don’t really play it, so the acoustic stylings suit me much better. I used this beauty to lead worship this past Sunday for the first time in front of the whole church. It was quite cool, and every one was really encouraging. Really, I just want God to be glorified through anything I do.

Continue reading

Zoe’s Kitchen…the best food ever!

photo.jpgWow! I cannot believe that it is already the second week of June. The emerging week of classes most definitely came too soon. And by extension – so did CMA Fest. I can most clearly describe this past week as one complete blur. Throughout the week I attended a multitude of artist events, attended classes, and slept very little. Without a doubt, the “backstage” experiences granted me the opportunity to network and create relations with professionals who represent themselves as advocates of the music industry! I most definitely enjoyed myself, the individuals I met, and the hours of tending to crazy Taylor Swift fans at the downtown Nashville Convention Center.

Continue reading

Just Like Old Times

This summer for the most part has been pretty hectic, with going to class and trying to find a job. But when school first ended and people were headed back home and on their vacations and such, I was still here on campus packing up to move into my apartment. For the first few weeks of the summer, I was bored out of my mind. But one day I just started randomly getting in touch with some old friends from high school, like some buddies from the football team, a few people from marching band, and just some other close friends from classes and such.

Continue reading

Good times, sunshine, and summertime!

It has been absolutely beautiful in the little town of Franklin, TN! Everyday, I wake up to the perfect summer weather. The sun is practically begging me to go to the pool. I’m convinced! I wish I had more time to lay-out by the pool, but my summer has been consumed by preparing for this scholarship program that I’m doing (which I leave for in 3 days!). Although, I can’t complain, it’s a great program and I’m really excited to see the outcome!

Continue reading

Who’s The Nanny?

amaryahblog.bmp
So from Saturday Night until Wednesday afternoon I am playing Nanny for two of the cutest kids on the planet(See the picture? I wasn’t lying. John Deric has the dark hair and Simon has the light hair). Taking a break from my job at the church (I moved from being stuck in an office, to stuck in a house) John Deric and Simon have now occupied my attention. Anyways, though I have 3 younger siblings, I never knew taking care of young kids could be such a challenge, especially when I woke up and didn’t feel like I had any energy. Then we had a football throwing incident (John Deric broke a glass), but overall the days have been fun. We’ve been watching videos (lots of veggietales and donut man), playing outside in the sandbox, playing with toy dinosaurs, and reading Dora the Explorer storybooks. Having the kids shout out lines like, “Swiper no Swiping!”, or, “Hola! I’m Dora.” Seriously, kids make my life. Sure, they’re tough, but they are so precious and truly are a gift from God.

Continue reading

I need to get back in the gym!

During the school year, I practically live in the Beaman. But towards the end of the semester during finals and this few weeks of summer, I haven’t even stepped foot into the workout center. I know that’s pretty bad, but can you imagine me trying to play ball after about a month of not playing at all. That’s right, you guessed it! I was absolutely terrible, and on top of that I wasn’t that good to begin with. The thing that made the whole situation even worse is that I was playing with some complete strangers. But please don’t worry… I am big enough to handle myself. IMAGE_128.jpg

Continue reading

Summertime in Nashvilletown!

fun.jpg
First and foremost, I would like to simply express that the Lord is so phenomenal. He works in such great ways and I am shown by his miraculous ways each and everyday of my life. He has blessed me with so many great friends, both here in Music City USA as well as back home. Well, summer has definitely begun with a visit from family, a spectacular Memorial Day weekend, and a couple of great nights spent with my friends.

Continue reading