What a Crazy Week!

Wow, this week was one of the most, if not the most, hectic weeks of my long, but young college career. For starters, the CMT’s had one side of campus blocked and heavily secured for the big awards show. Don’t get me wrong it was kind of cool to see stars and celebrities just roam campus at their leisure. Well, maybe just the roped off areas. Don’t get too happy as we didn’t get to see them up close, because all the guys were talking about this girl named Carrie. She’s supposed to be this big country star, but I don’t really keep up with country music. Two, I am a huge NBA fan and the playoffs are starting up this week and my team of course, and the best team, the Dallas Mavericks, are going to win it all this year. Also, this means that there will actually be something worth watching for about a month and a half until the playoffs are over.

hokies.jpg And then, get this… I had three tests (old testament, accounting, algebra), a paper (old testament), and a project (accounting) all due within a week and a half. It seems like my professors formed an alliance and teamed up to make sure I am always busy. No, they would never do that, but it sure seems like it. I can’t be surprised because the last part of the semester is usually the toughest stretch because you have had two breaks totaling 10 days or so and big projects and term/research papers tend to be due around this time to give you time to finish it. I’m not sure why professors give us so much time on assignments because all college students procrastinate and wait until the night before, and pull an “all-nighter” to finish.
Another big event that happened this week is when my girl, Rachel, you may know her as “Miss USA”, came by Thursday to speak to some of the students, take pictures, and to show appreciation to everyone who cared for her during school all the way up to winning the crown. It was press mania with cameras and fans everywhere waiting in line to get a word with Miss USA. We are so proud of everything she has accomplished so far, and look forward to bigger and better things to come in the future.
But before I wrap up, just remember April 16, 2007. As most of you all have heard there was a mass shooting at Virginia Tech, I just want to give my condolences to any and everybody that was somehow involved with the whole incident.