Lazy Sunday…

meandspeedy.jpg
I cannot believe that it is Spring Break already! That is just unbelievable. Today is going to a relaxing, yet fun day! I flew out of Nashville early yesterday morning, and fortunately, arrived to the central Wisconsin airport on time! I will miss the sunny 60 degree weather, compared to the 20 degree weather that I will be encompassed by throughout the entire week. Today, my mom is going to make a small brunch, and later on this evening, I believe that we are going to visit my grandpa and grandma! It will be so fun to see them!

This past Friday (March 2nd), I worked Country Radio Seminar as a part of Belmont’s Service Corps. Country Radio Seminar is an event designed specifically for country radio (held annually in downtown Nashville). With a spark of luck, I was able to watch the entire “New Faces of Country Music” show held in the Nashville Convention Center. The show, hosted by Kix Brooks, featured the talents of Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, Rodney Atkins, Jack Ingram, and Trent Tomlinson. As a whole, the “New Faces Show” not only exemplified a hint of what the future of country music possibly holds for listeners, but more importantly, demonstrated the fact that country music is continually evolving. Personally, my favorites of the entire evening consisted of the performances by Jack Ingram and Miranda Lambert! Attending this event was most definitely a great kick-off to Spring Break!
In relation to sports, I am really thrilled that the Bruins are going “Dancin’ again.” The Belmont men’s basketball team won the Atlantic Sun Championship this past Saturday. As a result, the team is now on embarking on their journey towards the NCAA tournament. Go Bruins!!! Click here to read about the Bruins phenomenal accomplishment from this past Saturday.
Well, I’m going to get going! I cannot wait to enjoy this snowy day in my hometown of Wisconsin Rapids.