Livin’ the Dream…

As a sophomore, I can already attest to the fact that college does exemplify the most significant moments of an individual’s life. In a recent conversation I had with a great friend of mine, I said to him, “I’m stressed. There’s so much homework. So many things to commit myself to. And moreover, the concept that I’m not even sure what is causing this sense of overwhelmingness.” In response, he stated, “Ben..how can you be stressed? You are livin’ the dream.”
photo.bmpStill today, I cannot believe that I am officially enrolled as a student at Belmont University. My passion and commitment for the music business has enabled me to effectively carry out the plans that the Lord God has set forth for my life. Ever since the conversation with my friend, I have learned to embrace the existence of stress in a healthy and successful manner.

Continue reading

The Dreaded “Midterm”

Let me just say that it is soooooo relieving to have midterms out of the way! These past few weeks have been pretty stressful, but thank goodness for fall break. I only had midterms in a few classes, some being before fall break and some being after. Being a freshman, the dreaded “midterm” was something that I’d never experienced, although I have to say… it’s very over rated.

Continue reading

Big City, Small Town, Big Business.

Well, if you guys didn’t know I am originally from a small town in Texas called Houston. Ha ha. I moved here to Nashville when I was pretty young, so the city has kind of grown on me. Nashville is a pretty big city, but has a small town feel because of the hospitality and it’s easy to find your way around. Sometimes just driving around, I discover new things such as easier ways to get to and from campus and even another part of town I never knew about.

Continue reading

Breath of Fresh Air

Midterms are over. Yay! They all went pretty well, so that was a huge relief for me. I had never had a midterm before, but they were not as impossible as I feared they might be. The best part of midterms however, is the vacation you get after taking them. I got to go home to New York for the first time in nearly two months, and it was awesome. I hung out with my family, saw the Mets win a playoff game (Amazing!!), and saw friends I had only talked to on the phone for the first time in two months. It was a very needed trip home, and now there are only about four more weeks until Thanksgiving!

Continue reading

Are You Ef?

So, today it has been exactly two months since I first arrived on campus (I think). I guess it is a high mark for me or something memorable about my college experience. I have reached the halfway mark here at Belmont; mid terms have passed, along with the stress they bring. Fall Break was half amazing half boring and I’m glad it’s over (That could have been one of the most confusingly fun yet dull weekends I have ever experienced. That’s what I get for staying on campus when everyone goes home I guess). And I guess I could go on about how my past few weeks have gone with studying for midterms (Eh, don’t really want to talk about it), or fun I had during Fall Break (Eh, don’t really know how to put it in words)…

Continue reading

New Home Town.

I cannot believe that my first semester as a sophomore at Belmont University is already half over! I am settled in, have quite a few amazing friends, and am handling the stress of homework and exams in an effective manner. Not a day goes by that I don’t thank God for the ability to be a part of such a wonderful community. Personally, I am finally proud to state that Nashville, Tennessee is my new home town.

Continue reading

Time Flies When You’re Having Fun!

As Mellissa pointed out, it’s hard to believe that it’s already October. This week and next week have been jam-packed with lovely things they like to call “mid-terms” around here and everyone is looking forward to fall break on the horizon. As for me, I can’t say that much has changed or that there are events that I’m just dying to tell you about, but I think that’s a good thing. Settlling into a normal routine here may have taken a while but it’s definitely helped lower stress. For example, right now I’m in my pajamas. I just rolled out of bed, climbed in my chair, my feet haven’t even touched the floor for the day and here I am writing this entry! This isn’t to say that nothing has been exciting these past few weeks, but everything is just sinking in a little deeper now if that makes sense. But on to the exciting stuff!

Continue reading

Intramurals Rock My Face Off

I could write an entry about how stressful and time-consuming college is, how long and tedious my days are here at Belmont, but I won’t, because I hardly ever feel that way. Instead I’ll just write about another fun filled event that makes me as excited as a kid going to Disney Land for the first time. Oh yes, you know what it is. Intramural sports are here and I am trying my best to keep up with them(For more on Intramural Sports, click here) . As of right now, I’ve played on a kickball team, and I’m currently a part of two flag football teams (Women’s and Co-Ed), and I must say, one of the highlights of my time here has been winning the Women’s Kickball Championship. Yes, we took home the golden kickball (Not really, but nifty T-shirts were pretty sweet) and we get bragging rights for a year. The taste of victory is still fresh in my mouth and I hope to taste it again soon.

Endless Opportunities!

Wow! I honestly cannot believe that it is already the month of October! Without a doubt, my collegiate experience at Belmont University thus far has definitely been one amazing rollercoaster ride. Tonight (Thurs., Oct. 5), a few friends and I had the privilege of attending an “invitation-only” LIVE taping of CMT Crossroads. The set of CMT Crossroads featured renowned recording artist, Lindsey Buckingham (former member of Fleetwood Mac), and talented country group, Little Big Town.

Continue reading

Hey, I kinda like this college thing.

Maybe, it’s me but I’m REALLY lazy. I’m probably the definition of lazy, seriously. But don’t get me wrong I DO get my work done for classes and stuff. I make college way more harder than it really is. I mean compared to high school, this is a piece of cake. Well, maybe not that easy, but it seems there is not as much pressure. I do things to take the occasional stress off such as playing basketball in the rec gym, working out, and going out with friends.

Continue reading