« FBC Columbia Team Returns Home | Main | Mission Leaders Meet at TBC Building »

November 16, 2004

WWPhd - What Would Paul have done?

rio_corco.jpgToday at the Tennessee Baptist Convention building in Brentwood, I will be telling church missions leaders about the Rio Journal. Although the Internet is no stranger to this group, many are not familiar with the technology that enabled team members to communicate directly from Rio during the mission trip.

We will be looking at opportunities to train mission team members to write, edit, upload pictures, etc. on a web site much like The Rio Journal. My vision for this technology is to have a TBC Missions' Team site where any team member with the right resources can publish stories and testimonials, not just for their own families, friends, and church members...but for the entire world to see what is going on in the hearts of Tennessee Baptist volunteers regardless of where God leads them to serve on the mission field.

If the apostle Paul had the tools and technology available that we have today... What would Paul have done? What do you think we should do?

Posted by Paul Chenoweth at November 16, 2004 05:29 AM

Comments

This is a special 'Thank You' to all of the people who contributed to The Rio Journal over the last several months. For those who posted testimonials from the field...your extraordinary efforts, even after long and tiresome days, to find an Internet connection, are still appreciated by the viewers who come back to this site long after the trip is over.

Posted by: Paul at November 16, 2004 06:05 AM

I was in Rio in May and it was exciting to know that people anywhere in the world could keep up with our activities and progress through the Rio Journal.

Posted by: Debbie Chenoweth at November 16, 2004 07:25 AM

Reading the entries posted by Rio team members made the mission trip participants, Rio missionaries, and most importantly, the residents of Rio, seem much more real and vital. My thanks to those who made it happen.

Posted by: sue heflin at November 16, 2004 07:57 AM

As a member of the team it was encouraging to get comments daily from family, friends, and prayer supporters through the Rio Journal. God expanded our ministry through the Journal to include people we did not even know. I praise God for this added dimension of sharing what God was doing on the field.

Posted by: Betty Wiseman at November 16, 2004 08:01 AM

What a thrill it was to monitor several of the Summers Mission Trips, via the Rio Journal. I followed Trips, and prayed for Teams, I had absolutely no contact with. An excelent tool to tie in supporters and Church Members who possible
would/could never actually go.

I am looking forward to using the program, this coming Summer, for multiple Mission efforts by Forest Hills-Nashville Teams!!!

Posted by: Bob Crawford at November 16, 2004 01:57 PM